1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blessed are those who don't live near lame musicians

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by chevalier, Mar 28, 2003.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Blessed are those who don't live near lame musicians for they shall remain sane

[revelation of chevalier des Trois-Tours]

Has any of you had such an experience? Right now I'm going to start running my sword over the central heating pipes and yell at the bastard near them so that they transfer the sound right to his room beneath mine. As always. So, who's had it with such people?

[ March 28, 2003, 15:46: Message edited by: chevalier ]

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Jody Bernal (aka Jody Anal) lives in my neighborhood, pity me :(

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I lived in an apartment a few years ago where there was this moron in a "band" (I use the term very loosely) who lived in the floor above me. Though the band was terrible, at least they kept their playing to the daytime hours for the most part.

The annoying part was that the afore mentioned moron would sit on other people's porches on the ground floor at 3:00 in the morning and scream at the top of his lungs his own badly written lyrics. He would just sit there with a guitar in his lap, whining about some slut who broke his heart, as if the whole neighborhood was going to come out and give him a big group hug. This twit looked like Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons, and had a voice that was so off-key he made Courtney Love look like Aretha Franklin. Gawd-awful. I don't know if he was drunk or what, but despite constant plees to him from the tenants and several complaints to the management, he just wouldn't shut up.

One night I'd had enough, and my roommate and I started lobbing potatoes at this jerk from our balcony (never a water balloon around when you need one ;) ). I scored a direct hit on his guitar, smashing it (sweeeet :D !) and my roommate, on his first try, scored a nice shot to his jaw (and it looked like it hurt, too :evil: hehee). Using what was left of the guitar as a shield, he whimpered off. Several neighbors of mine came out and applauded. It was beautiful.

Victory was sweet indeed until about 3 days later....when the freak returned...with another guitar....ugh. Lucky for him I ran out of potatos, but I was moving out soon anyway.

I hope he never breeds.

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

'I pity the fool who lives near Jody bernal'

Bad mr. T impression

Bud seriously dude I am very sorry for you

5. chevalier

Media:
    Nah, the clinical moron that disturbs me is unmatched. He would tap the strings in one fashion for some quarter repeating 'f*, f*, f*' like a mantra. When he's trying some lyrics (thank God not his own) I have the impression that even a bunch of drunken regulars performs better. Even with me among them ;)

6. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Damn you you musician bashing evil folk! No-ones complained of my guitaring, albeit I live in a remote area where the nearest civilisation is several miles away...

7. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I'm not bothered by lousy musicians. I am the lousy musician that makes life hell for my neighbours with my guitar. :evil:

8. chevalier

Media:
    Eye for an eye... I think I need to start practising religious hymns in Latin for Easter :evil:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.