1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Big Bad Mage (more help to chapter 6)

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Psycho. the fanged rabbit, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I need advice on how to beat that final (I think)
    I don't remember his name. He's the mage that is in easthaven where Everard kills him self to save Jerrids Stone. This mage won't die.

2. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Are you talking about Poomba (sp?), who is on the level just below Jerod's Stone? And then there are a lot of Poomba's (sp?) suddenly running around? If so, that was my toughest battle. What is your party make up? :confused:

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Just cast one Cloudkill... It'll kill all the false Pomabs and leave you with just the real one. I was surprised how easy that battle went once I figured that trick out. ;)

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Hang on, everyone.

Everard doesn't get whacked until the *very* last guy.

Which means, there's only two other golems running around in there with him.

You can concentrate on the golems, if you're wanting the experience, or just whack the middle guy. Make sure you're using some really high +3/+4 stuff. If you have access to them, Pale Justice and Aihonen's Restored Sword are wonderful. Conlan's Hammer will help drill down those golems, too.

Haste is the one spell you want on this battle. Surround him with everyone you have, and start whacking. If one of your guys drops below 50% health, pull them out of the battle and get a heal on.

5. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31

I was not talking about poomba he was easy ijsmith is wright I'm on him. If I attack the Iron Golems the mage/fighter just makes more guys to assist and to top it all off the Iron Golems always go for my two mages so if I ignore the Golems they kill at least one of my mages and yes I make my mages run everwhere from them but they die from types of traps or the Golems catch up. I have tried everything I could think of I'll try that haste spell though I think I have it.

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    What I did was to quickly cast some spells with my mage and then cast Otiluke's resilient sphere on him so the golems could not hurt him. Anyway the characters are exported before the battle so it doesn't matter if any of them die as long as one remains alive.

7. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31

Thanks to ejsmiths help I have now beat the game. Gosh Icewind Dale is easier than Baldur's Gate.

[ August 15, 2002, 05:41: Message edited by: Psycho. the fanged rabbit ]

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

But, Psych...

did you like it?

(was it good for you?) :)

9. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31

Oh yah I loved it it was just easier. I loved all the fighting. I just wish it was longer and had a little better story. I also liked how you got to make your own party instead of just one guy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.