1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG2 Portrait Avatars

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Findae Darkblade, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Findae Darkblade Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Why aren't there Baldurs Gate 1 or 2 portraits available as avatars? While the portraits from the other games are nice, I only play baldurs gate, and I very much would like to have one of the BG2 portraits as an avatar. Just a suggestion!

[ April 11, 2005, 21:07: Message edited by: Findae Darkblade ]

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Copy the BG2 avatars into the BG portraits folder.

Roberts your fathers brother.

Savvy?

Sweet.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Barmy, I'm not sure you actually answered Findae Darkblade's question......

4. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I am not entirely sure that I understood Findae Darkblade's question.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I thought he was talking about SP avatars - like your Grizzly Adams one, Jaguar.

Hence his posting in the Sorcerous Sundries forum on not the BGII forum.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I never extracted the BG portraits because most of them belong to named NPCs, and I didn't want people to start changing their publicly displayed names to match the BG1/2 portraits. The portraits from other games are more generic, so it's not an issue. I probably will put up the BG portraits at some point in the future though.

7. Findae Darkblade Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ah hah! There's the answer. Cool, Tal. Sounds good.

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Righto: in the future this board will have Aerie, Aerie*, Aer, Aerys, Earie, Aerei, Aeri, Aeris, Sarevok, Sarevok*, Soravek, TheRealSarevok, TheRealSarevok*, SarevokAnchev, Seirok, Haer'Dalis, Haer'Dalis_, Hair'Dalis, Hare'Dalis, Haer'Dali, etc, etc... Doesn't it sound like a bunch of creative, new members...? :shake:

9. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

And how will Tal decide who gets the BG/BG2 portraits? By seniority? By post count? Will we have to get used to a Tal-as-Irenicus, and a Chev-as-Keldorn? And I thought half the fun was trying to pick through all the remainder NWN portraits that no one wanted. What happens if we all can have the serious BG portraits? I mean, try to imagine Jaguar with hair, or Harbourboy without the crash helmet...

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Wow, that one kind of hit too close to home.

11. Harbourboy

I keep running into Jaguar and Harbourboy in my current game of NWN. It is most amusing.

12. Bion Gems: 21/31

Actually, when I was choosing avatars, I gave some thought to the buck-toothed yokel one. Then I decided it wouldn't be so amusing after a (very short) while...

13. Register Gems: 29/31

The worst thing is, I have seen a lot of them. Too many for my own taste.

14. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Where creativity is unique, poor taste is universal. Consider the current BG avatar ban as a self-protection system of a kind. ;)

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Everything here has a purpose.

As for who'd be eligible - probably SPS account holders only, and even they only provided they don't change their PDN just for the sake of the portrait.

16. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I will become an SPS account holder to get Xan's or Cernd's portrait.

17. Bion Gems: 21/31

And you could use Anomen instead of the IOTW plaque...

18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hahahah 'Amomen of the week' is a good one! If someone whines and complains too much they could get the Aerie portrait.

19. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Add some goggles and you'd get a truely fine picture of Jaguar with a lot of hair.
    I'd be truely disappointed if someone else would get that avathar.
    I say we vote for which SPS Account Holder should get which BG Avathar! :D

20. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Well, Beren just has to get Jaheira's! :p

[ April 15, 2005, 03:57: Message edited by: Splunge ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.