1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG2 Impressions...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sylvus Moonbow, Sep 25, 2000.

1. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

So far, out of what you've played, what part of the game has impressed you the most? I got so sucked into the game after my escape (I love city adventures) and I needed to find someone who could cast magic and how things fell to place was awesome! It was true story telling styles.

I needed to find an Inn or Tavern because I thought I could find someone who could join my party and I hit Mithrest Inn. Well, in there a lady opened her mouth to my Half-Orc and he got so pissed off...I killed her. We had to make a quick escape...AGAIN and I lead my party to the circus to hide. I lost 4 rep points for this murder. I was walking around, a guard told me to be careful about this tent (*SPOIL*). I didn't want to get caught for the murder so I ducked inside to find a little mini-quest about what had been going on inside. I found Aerie and that was too sweet! She's become one of my favorites in the group so far.

When I arrived at the Copper Coronet. VOO VOO! That Tavern has so much atmosphere I love returning to it. I try to role-play my party, so I sat them down (they stood) around the bar and fire pits, and I decided to let Minsc take a look around. He met (*SPOIL*) Anomen and the both of them started to get into this heated arguement. Anomen being all rightous this and that, Minsc being all about swords and killing offended Anomen and Anomen wanted an apology! Anyhow, I don't think I'll be seeing Anomen ever again as he walked off like a valley girl! Stupid Paladin.

Then my Half-Orc, while this was going on, got into an arguement with a local and I found myself in The Pit fighting. I got so worked up, I got a blow job in the bedrooms up above by some slut who swallowed my 16 inch half-orc shaft and she loved every minute of it!!! (*SPOIL*) I met Korgan and Nalia there as well, who have been strong additions to my party. I had killed Minsc shortly after this, his stupid Boo crap and lameness really bothers me, I can't see how he's a favorite, but I ended up reloading it and giving him a chance since I killed him in BG1 too ;) He has his moments, but otherwise, if they had more than 16 NPCs to choose from, I'd let him go. Yoshimo I left hanging out at the Copper Coronet and may go back to him and dual him to a fighter if Korgan or Minsc don't seem to be working out.

So far, so good though.

Sorry for rambling. I am in love with this game...OH AND NALIA! She's too hot ;) LOL

Syl...

2. Bhaal Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Do you have the regular or collectors edition? I like the collectord just for the extra 2 vendors with their super weapons/armor. Just I need about 100k more gold to buy all the crap I want lol. I really like the "feel" of the game. It puts you in the mood to adventure and its so addictive that I have played 20 hours this weekend. I have been a "good guys" so my reputation is at 15 now, but once went to one of the "rich" houses and killed all the guards inside and my rep went down to 9. My main is an archer so not too hot in close combat but with 5 points in bow hes a ranged killing machine (almost lvl 10 now).

3. The Wretched Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG]
    I really love this game so far, and played it like crazy over the weekend. My character, though True Neutral in alignment, is generally of the heroic type (he's neutral in that he's as apt to help evil people in need as good).

What I'm noticing that's giving me trouble, is the large amount of mages, thieves, and mage/thieves amongst the NPCs. Getting front-line fighters is tough.... I think my next char is going to be a half-orc fighter or barbarian or something... just so I won't have to constantly be concerned about monsters rushing my line!

-The Wretched

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

They've certainly given the fighter more use in BG2 over the last one I feel. He has more purpose now than ever before with myself, leading the party ahead, making sure its safe for the others to continue. It's also a toss up between Nalia as well in terms of a party leader to take the lead forward as Nalia has fit in well since Imoen has left. She's not a bad thief but having the ability to cast Invisibility and other spells makes her just as valuable as my Half-Orc Barbarian.

What's really killing me about this game is how my friend, who bought it the sametime as myself, has gone a totally different route going places I have yet to discover or find for myself. The variety in this is simply awesome! I love it so far, way better than BG1 that's for sure. Keep me posted on your journey.

Syl...

5. Kaenash Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

no offense though Sylvus,

Think about what you said you did:

Some one insulted you, so you killed them.

Then, as an escaped murderer you solved a quest, and went to a bar. You ended up getting your "16 inches" sucked, and after Minsc got into an argument with someone (you stand up for Minsc), then you put him down and are happy he died.

Sort of psychotic, back and forth back and forth.

You do realize that when you opt to play "Chaotic Evil" as an alignment, it doesn't have to spill over to real life, right? *WINK*

6. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Hahaha! ;)

The first time I killed Minsc in BG1 was because he sucked. I couldn't stand him or his following of fans. BOO! this and BOO! that.

In BG2, after he told Anomen off, he ticked me off, spilt a drink all over me and then BOO! barfed on my plate of food.

I reloaded the game though, opting to keep him as mentioned above and I've gotten a liking to him now that he has found a new "witch" to protect and seems a lot happier that he has a direction in his life once again.

Who said I was playing?! This is the real deal guy ;)

Syl...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.