1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG2 Gold

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sylvus Moonbow, Sep 14, 2000.

1. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

With the release of the gold master to the duplication comapany for Baldur's Gate 2, I am happy to announce I have just sent a very large and detailed update for the BG2 Online Solution.

Full details include the full history of Amn and the surrounding area (including the Dragon Lairs you'll be visiting) as you may not have know before, Amn is known for its Dragons. Red is all you've seen in screen shots, but expect to be also dealing with the White, Green and possibly an Elder Blue Dragon, which is female, during your journey.

The port city and Capital of Amn is where you will escape into from your dungeon quarters, after making your mad dash through the Shadow Thieves lair as well as the passages below the city out into the Slums of Athkatla. Detailed information of the Athkatla's Wards (there are 10), the Taverns and Inns within the Adventure's Ward and those who run these places. Notable Mages within Athkatla as well as Temples and their priests are also duely noted.

A shot of the original printed version of Athkatla vs Baldur's Gate 2 version is also viewable within the Solution.

Enjoy, it'll be up as soon as Sorcerer is done proof reading it. LOL! :)

Sylvus

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] May I be the first to say you rock! I can't wait to start reading that info to get ready to play the game. If you walkthrough for BG2 is as good as your IWD one was SP will be one stop shopping for BG2. I'm ready to play! :)

3. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

LOL! Thanks. Hehe. Just don't go jumping me or anything. I hope Sorcerer has it up by the time I get to sleep but to be honest, it will be nothing like the IWD Solution.

There are a few "new" things I've added for BG2, that being "Dungeon Master Notes" where comments will be made on strategies, the plot and anything good or bad about the current situation.

As well, I will have a "Party Evolution" section at the end of each Chapter detailing my characters growth and the NPCs I selected, why I took an NPC or removed another, plus items I came across during that particular chapter.

Those will be seperate from the solution, but found within the current Chapter one may be reading.

Breaking this game down to a full, complete solution is going to take some time and its details will be duely noted for the character I'll be playing, but could very well have different out comes for someone elses. That's a beauty in itself, but a nightmare for me solution wise ;)

Sylvus

4. The Wretched Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG]
    I would love to read your online solution, Syl... I've been reading almost anything I can find on this game, just to occupy my mind while I eagerly await its arrival.

However, the one thing I won't read is a walkthrough or solution (whatever you want to call it), because as much as I want to play this game, I don't want a SECOND of it ruined for me before I experience it myself!!

Once I've played the game, though, I'll be sure to come back and check out your writings. :)

-The Wretched

5. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

There are potential spoilers with the information I have provided on Amn and Athkatla, namly certain places in Amn that we will no doubt see (as BG2 is to be a mirror image of Amn in Pen and Paper). I wouldn't want to spoil anything for you, so that's fine and if you do skim through it, don't say I didn't warn you.

I tend not to think of it as a Solution/Walkthrough although that is what I call it. More or less I simply want to record everything I find as well as what others find and have an archive for future players who come across IWD or BG2 later on down the road.

POR:2 will be my last for awhile because the Beta for NWN starts and being part of A Land Far Away, things are going to become very busy for myself in that department.

I do look forward though to sharing stuff with you on the message boards about BG2 while we play. :)

Sylvus

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.