1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG Modders Help with Cutscene and Item Inclusion

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Nildar, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Nildar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I need help. I want a good way to put my Moonblade into the game and I have been recommended to do a cutscene. However, I do not know how to do this and so anyone with any experience in this or anyone who knows someone I can contact would be very helpful right now.

For anyone who can help if they know what I want, my idea is like this:
    I want my Moonblade to be given to me by Gorion before we leave Candlekeep. However I am not sure what the best dialogue options or anything like that will be. If anyone can help, please reply. Thankyou.

[ July 18, 2003, 17:08: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. dAS Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

As I have no experience with moding, cutscenes, or added dialog I can't help you in that aspect, but as for dialog options, perhaps he can offer this weapon as added protection for you "just in case something goes wrong" or be in parts that Thunderhammer can forge (where'd I get that idea? :p ) for you. I'd give some options to dismiss the weapon so those who want to try it out can do so, but those who don't need it can forgo the option.
    When you first talk to Gorion, the option to ask him what equipment you need arises. He tells you that you should know what to bring, but he could also offer this weapon as added protection for you, if you're a mage or whatever class wants it. Just an idea...Might be easier to just add a few extra dialog options than add a new cutscene, but I'm not sure...
    Hope it works out for you.

3. Nildar Gems: 2/31

Unfortunately the limit of my experience goes as far changing characters on ShadowKeeper/SwordCoastKeeper and items on IEEP. So I really need someone who knows how to do it, to do it basically. I don't care if it's a cutscene or another bit of dialogue before you leave Candlekeep.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nildar, this is the fourth topic you have started on this Moonblade idea of yours. Please do not make any more separate topics.

5. Nildar Gems: 2/31

I apologise Blackthorne TA. It seems I am a bit too enthusiastic about getting my idea to work. Once again I must say that I am sorry for this.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.