1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG, BG2, IWD and PoR killer?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Extremist, Sep 23, 2001.

1. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I won't say much - just pop on these pages and see what is it about.
    It is a new RPG, it should be in stores across the Europe this year unlike PoR.
    http://www.armalion.de/English/index2.htm

Ah, yes, it is not d&d. That detail makes this RPG to me as musthave! :p

[EDIT]

Tal, I admire your optimism...
    Ragusa, but it it still NOT d&d :p

[I'm the worst pessimist here, so... :p
    Seriously, the game has already gone gold and there will be no changes so no real reason for another delay either.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited September 23, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited September 23, 2001).]

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Looks good. Probably isn't that good ;)

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Erm... What do you mean unlike PoR? PoR will be in stores across the USA by the end of this month and in Europe at the end of November at worst.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] This game armalion is based on the first p&p rpg I ever played (it is rather popular in germany) named "the black eye" (Das Schwarze Auge = DSA). It was pretty fun to play.

Looks promising. Hmm, however, I am looking forward to PoR as well :)

Eytremist, you might possibly be a wee bit disappointed, since ,iirc, the gaming system is rather similar to AD&D iirc :grin: ;) :p

5. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ah, finally a CRPG with horses that you can ride. Who says that they're impossible to code or script or whatever. Also has climbing and jumping skills (nice...wish NWN had those).
    http://www.armalion.de/English/index2.htm

As far as impressions go, it looks kinda like cheap DND to me personally. Picking a premade character isn't that great, and neither are the picks of classes (WTF...elf as a character class?!? Am I missing something?) The spell effects look nice as do the characters (reminds me of PoR2 in that respect). For whatever reason, the characters are huge on the screne. Don't know how I feel about that. The backgrounds look dated. The website isn't very specific about much really, but all in all it looks ok. Hopefully I can get my hands on a copy and check it out. It looks to be one of better alternative non dnd games I've seen lately (by the I mean non diablo like games:p). But I do have one question. What do they mean by boring character creation and stats? As the Hurricane would say....Waz up wit dat?!? (don't flame my spelling...that's about how it sounds...cept in a high pitch voice)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.