1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best Roll for char making.

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by IronEagle, Apr 2, 2001.

1. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I made a Half-Orc Berserker (nothing to illegular yet)
    But my first roll was this... and this is currently his abilities

This is prolly the best roll i've had yet..
    he gets hold cast against him and its doesnt do a thing cuz of the consitution.
    Ive heard of guys having the full points, but ive never had this much luck when it comes to a roll.. so with out cheating anyone have a better one? (not importing it from bg1)

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Let me see: 19+18+19+11+7+13= 87/6= average 14,5 (14+3) my best roll ever was 14+5 so good roll but can be better.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Yep, that´s a good one. My best one made a total score of 88 points but I had to retry quite often to get that :)

Btw: (a) I´d have taken a dwarf and (b) had put the INT points to wisdom for high wisdom improves rescue throw against mind affecting magic like charm/ chaos ;)

4. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] You guys are only getting the high 80's?? Wow... there must something going on with my game. I always seem to get at least 90 something after a few rolls. The best one I ever got was a 97 but I seem to roll the low 90's after about 10 rolls.

5. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] :mad: AAAAAAAAARGH, AAAAAAARGH :mad: :mad: POWERGAMER !!!!!!! :mad: AAAAAARGH :mad:

6. Cerryl Gems: 9/31

[​IMG] Power Gamer??? Who Me???? :D It's not my fault that my computer gives me high rolls.... :cool:

7. Silver Dragon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My best is 91

8. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Oh piss off and play with your barbie dolls or something, Ragusa.

9. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] j/k Shura ;)

10. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

My best one is 91.
    Hey Ragusa, don't tell me YOU have
    str 9
    dex 10
    con 14
    int 18
    wis 18
    cha 7

Because you won't come far with that and you know it!
    Even you have rolled those dice just as many times to get a high score...!
    So Powergamer my @@$!

11. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Now, now, boys... Ragusa, Shura, Play nice on Sorcerer's Boards. After all, we don't want to get the pretty new avatars all messy with blood, do we?

12. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] <flame> YOU`RE ALL COWARD POWERDICERS! <flame>

I just created a new elven thief, str-10, dex-10, con-10, int-14, wis-14 and char-17. He sucks but I will get some real and great roleplaying experience soon, realoading every fight ... again ... and again ... and again ... and again ...

13. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Rag, don't worry too much. At least your character has charisma of 17 so at least the other NPCs will really care about him we he gets killed.

Just a thought, it's a shame the NPC romances don't react to your charisma. It would make more of us condsider it a useful stat.

14. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I know
    :D :D
    Wouldn't want Darien the Orog to start kicking our asses over the boards... :D

15. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Mebbe NPC romances DO consider your charisma. As far as I know the only races which miss out are half-orc and dwarf (human/elf/half-elf/halfling all get romance. I don't know about gnomes). What's the connection - Charisma penalty. Just a thought.

16. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

[​IMG] Okay when did all this happen?? you stay off the site for a few days and all of the sudden people have these weird pictures and levels what happened??? :confused: :confused:

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Go to the Whatnots forum. There's a bunch of topics on this matter there. Anyway, why all the sad faces?

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I don''t see why the rolls sould be that high.... take a half-orc fighter. What does a fighter need? str 19, dex 18 cons 19... an then? an orc doens't have a high charisma, doesn't need high wisdom and intelligence.... so 19+18+19+8+8+8= 80 is excellent and just as good as a 97 roll so click until you got and rsi-arm, it doesn't make a difference.

19. Cerryl Gems: 9/31

I always like to have a high intelligence no matter what my class. I like to get as many conversation options as possible. Wisdom is not as important (except for a priest or paladin) and neither is charisma since you get that ring really early.

20. stormguard Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

18 - 76 str
    18con
    18dex
    18int
    10wis
    11char

human wizard slayer. 4th role of of the dice.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.