1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best game, ever aka CM4

Discussion in 'Playground' started by teekc, May 3, 2003.

1. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Anyone?

For those who don't know what it is
    Championship Manager 4. It is a football manager game where you are a manager of any real life club you pick, you run the club, you assign formation, buy and sell players. Sometimes, you might get a national team coahing job. The game comes with a huge database which includes Europe, U.S., South America, China, South Korea and Japan leagues. All the data and stats are nicely done. Sometime, nicely predicted. (That's how i know Pablo Aimar from this game back in 99). This game don't have any graphical or sound effect value, which in many times made people think that the game is not deep enough. The AI of the game is state of the art tech. you are looking at. If you used a particular winning tactic for too long a time, the AI will come out with something to counter it. To better glorify this game, how about an exclusive magazine about this game? Think about it, how many games have a magazine of its own?

Now for the game,
    i am a bit disappointed with CM4. Sure, it comes with a new 2d pitch. That takes away the creative part of the game becuase now i cannot assign where i want my players be when the ball is in certainly area of the pitch. i am not a training person. With CM4 comes the complicated training features which i really don't like. i don't feel fun to spend extra time to playing with training schedules.

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I was fired from my position at Leeds United, even if my results were exactly the same as we see in the real Premier League this season :p (and at about the same time as Venables was fired to!).

But I agree that the game could be a bit too advanced, but I only hope it isn't necessary for me to use every single feature ;) . The game is fun when you're winning, but it is addictive even if you loose or win.

3. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I opened a CM4 thread a month ago and nobody replied, it's good to see some members play CM4.
    teekc-Try downloading new patches, the speed up the game, solves many problems and so on...
    I'm in 2008-2008 season with Galatasaray with 6 national league champions 5 turkish cups 4 champions league cups and 2 uefa cups, along with many super cups.
    This game rocks!

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have spent many many hours on all the CM edition from the first to now the fourth. I am not really disapointed with this new one but there is nothing really new in it. If you like I have spent uncountable days on CM1,2,3 until I was tired on them it is hard to muster much interest in CM4. I did buy the game and I am on my way to play it now but it still isnt the addiction it was with the previous editions...

5. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i hate Galatasaray! For some reason i just cannot win at Istanbul. You people are evil!

When i started with Liverpool (Bari or Liverpool is all i play), i have myself tons "not that good but not that bad" players (Diouf, Diao, Biscan, Riise Cheryou, Baros and such). It was not like the previous Liverpool where i can pretty much sell all the crap and get the cream. After some time of thinking during a test and drawing on classroom desk, i finally came out with a 3421 where Diouf, Baros and Cheryou can fill the 2 attacking midfield slots just fine. And of course, Owen. Don't get me started on that. To put it simple, 15 games, 17 goals!!

Now i feel like a king and Liverpool is my Kindgom.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.