1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best AD&D game

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Yolar, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Yolar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I was wondering what you people out there, think is the best AD&D game ever.

For me it is my first AD&D computergame. Eye of the Beholder 2: The legend of Darkmoon. A couple of adventures rush in a temple to investigate a great evil. For me this game had everything. Atmosphere, thrill and excitement. There were a lot of riddles to solve, enemies to conquer. Death lurking everywhere...

To bad the first and third game (situated in the Ruins of Myth Drannor) where less enjoyable then the second one.

This game got me hooked on both computer AD&D and p&p.

Yolar

2. Fergus Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I really liked Eye of the Beholder 3.
    I have all of them so maybe I should replay 2 and 3 to see which is the best.
    Played them a VERY long time ago so maybe I'm mistaken.
    The best AD&D game ? Baldur's Gate 2 at the moment. Very hard to beat but that could be cos it's the newest.
    Wait and see if NWN will tip the scales as its 3D.
    Anything by Interplay, noone else can do a good AD&D game. Take a look at Might and Magic series (still looks like Eye of the Beholder to me) and Magic the Gathering etc.

3. Yolar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Maybe I should have named the topic best ADD game untill now, because I have big expectations of Neverwinternights.

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

NWN is going to own us all :)

Syl...

5. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It already owns some of us.... and it's not even out yet :D

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Their all good but i prefer the traditional sit down at the table and listen to the DM AD&D game...its good practice for your imagination and you actually move unlike the computer where you just sit and click away...

7. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] The traditionnal p&p has something that none of the computer can give you. With the p&p, you had the chance to imagine the world the way you wanted. But with the computer games, you cant imagine anything, all the images and stuff are there and you take it as they are.

Remember these nights playing d&d with your friends. These games that last months and months...

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Those were the good ol' days...and about...I think i'll be having a D&D session this coming December with about 12 others...hmm looks like a winner!

9. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Actually, the Vampire P&P rpg was my favourite. I never got to play as a player character in D&D as everyone wanted me to DM.

10. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I like being a DM but thats my dads job! I just LOVE being a character! So much independence! Something i wish i had ALL the time!

11. Immoral Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

About NWN.

I thought it was said somewhere that it is going to be strictly a multi-player game.

Is that not true?

Immoral

12. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The power around NWN is multiplayer, but you can play it as a single player game as well, which has a story and drive just like BG, IWD and BG2.

Syl...

13. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I really like ultima 1, but for a d&d, i'd have to say Pool of radiance (the original)

14. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] yep Pool of Radiance was sweet. that was the 1st CRPG i played. i just ordered the Silver Box Collection from Amazon because i couldn't find it in any stores. should be here in a couple of days. man i can't wait to relive the good old days!

15. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

yeah, i know what you mean, i just love all those great classic games, i prefer to think of the classics rather than old games, it just sounds more distinguished.

16. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] there you go Egg, classic sounds much better than old.

17. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Best AD&D game...I'm going to throw out some module names...Because in mind, they were the best!

Expedition to the Barrier Peaks: D&D and Sci Fi...Almost as good as Peanut butter and jelly!

The Salt Marsh Series (U 1,2,3): A great intro for low level characters!

Temple of Elemental Evil: A little dungeon crawl with far-reaching implications!

When I think of playing these modules (as I am now) a smile comes to my face as I "remember" "being" there! Good friends, good times, good memories!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.