1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Beatdown in the Icewind

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by ejsmith, Oct 22, 2001.

1. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Ok, so I imported the KillSword into the Icewind just this weekend. Needless to say, I'm getting a *beatdown* going on everything.
    Before I went with the KillSword, I was slinging it out for the most part with the 3-Doves mace, the dagger Reliance, and some other piddly +2 stuff until I picked up the two +5 swords.

What is your favorite weapon of the Icewind Dale (including HoW and TotL), and why?

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Frost Maidens Reaver (hope that is correct). Not very powerfull, but the cold damage effects rule.

3. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

mage dagger +4 :)

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Pale Justice or Restored Blade of Aihonen. Three White Doves is nice too.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited October 22, 2001).]

5. Wondering6Wonderer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey just saying thx for the help. i found it :)

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I agree to Tal, Pale Justice is *the* weapon for a paladin, three white doves is great as well. These two are about my favs, together with this +2 l'sword that gives a +2 AC bonus (great for bowfighters)

I think I made an observation (maybe I'm wrong) on frostmaiden's reaver: I think it had very good effect on the yuan-ti and reptile-men in Yxunomei's lair (as the druid in Kuldahar said: reptiles like it warm :hmm: ;) )
    Anyone made the same observation ?

7. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

I've not tried out the Frost Maiden's reaver. But *of course* Pale Justice and Jhonan's Restored Blade are awesome. They aren't the only two +5 (or +7) weapons indigenous to the Icewind for no particular reason. I was hoping to hear about some of the other weapons that I've not had time to look into, which is what I'm planning on messing around with this weekend.

God, I live for the weekends...

8. Bandhuan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] What are you actualy talking about..... When do you meed a Frost maiden??

9. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

The Frost Maidens Reaver is a weapon that does cold damage as well as normal damage.

[EDIT]
    Ooops, forgot My fav weapons. So here goes: I like the +5 Spear "Slayer" works great withan archer
    (just a person who uses bows not a kit) or the Cairn Blade which is either +4 or +5 twohanded sword.

BTW I only have IWD, because i didnt like it enough to buy HoW before it became cheaper.
    Is it worht it?
    [/EDIT]

[This message has been edited by Firestorm (edited October 29, 2001).]

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes. Go read my review in the Articles section. Especially now when you can get Trials of the Luremaster too.

11. Cog Primius Guest

Alamion it is just great
    or if you are a paladin the pale justice is a must. +7 vs. evil creatures h0h0h0
    where do you find the Malamion

12. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Pale Justice - cool name, cool weapon.

Also, the bow, Hammer+4 is awesome. Best bow in all of IWD, BG1 and BG2.

13. Cog Primius Guest

[​IMG] yeah i gotta agreed on that
    well nothing beats the good old dagger
    i have put up a table on this

Paladin: Pale Justice
    Fighter: Alamion
    Ranger: The Frost Maidens Reaver
    Cleric: The mace of defence +4
    All kinds of mages: Mage dagger +4
    Thief: Burning long sword +2
    Bard: Composite long bow Hammer +4
    Druid: Frostbrand +3

14. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I've got to go with the Charged BattleAxe. Ideal for situations where you get swarmed... 25% chance to stun target :)

15. I love giving dwarves Lonesome Road - 20 CON! Nice.

16. Asmodeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Three White Doves.....Lovely weapon.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.