1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Battlefield 1942

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Sniper, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Okay who has played this game? What do you thik of it? What is your main class? And whats your favourite means of transport? Tactics etc.

For me, I'm almost always a scout (Sniper) I wonder why? :rolleyes:

As for transport, I prefer using planes, as I have been able to wreak havoc at a base and cause some serious damage!

Your turn.

2. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'll be able to natter with you about this game in exactly 13 days. (At time of posting this).

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

If you're into online gaming, this game is good i suppose. Good graphics too. But i'm someone who rather plays against the computer, in other words, i prefer single player games. And this game simply isn't cut for that. It doesn't come anywhere near MOHAA and spearhead.

4. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

My choice is Engineer, since he has relatively good rifle that is like sniper without scope and he can repair vheicels (sp?), but i had experiences from bot match only. I prefer Tiger tank but M10 is also nice. Airplanes are best transportation devices, but i couldn't master bombing and i crashed very often!

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I think i have a new favourite (after Scout) class. Medic! I mean, apart from being able to heal yourself and others, they do have a mean SMG with a nice amout of bullets :)

I played on Stalingrad and my results were roughly thus:

Kills : Deaths
    25 10

40% of those kills were by using the Medic's SMG and the rest by the Sniper rifle.

By the way, who here uses the Anti Tank man as a main class?

Note: I play 90% of the time on LAN. And let me tell you, it feels so good taking out that little bum of a mate that has been 'trying' to Snipe you ;)

6. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] I only have the demo at the moment. But when I play that I was always a sniper/scout.

Is it worth buying it. I think that I will play multiplayer quite a bit, but is it worth the 35 quid that I've seen it for sale at?

Frosty

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] In my opinion, Yes, it is. Kicks he hell outa Operation Flashpoint and that was a game i totally loved!

8. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I play it. Or *played* it.
    We had a LAN some months ago and we were playin it all the time. Bläh!
    The week after that my uncle came to us every day and wanted to play. I only wanted to run to the edge of the world and take a giant leap.

I played Anti Tank mostly and sometimes scout.

Axis have the best weapons! ;) :p

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31

An addition to the topic:

Which is your favourite map?

Mine is either, Starlingrad, Wake Islands or Market Garden :)

10. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hummm... I just picked up a copy of this. Does anyone still play???

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I still play this regularly at the Cyber Cafe which i regularly attend. Its real good. Just make sure that your graphics card is pumped up! ;)

12. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Wow for the three days that I played this game. Im enjoying it alot. Even still being a horrible newbie who ends up like 3-15 after the match is over. Im thinking about the expansion Road To Rome. If You got any tips or any sites or anything like that. It would really help.

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I havn't heard of that expansion but there is an expansion called 'Desert Storm' i think. Thats really good. It deals with more up to date weapons and you get choppers etc. I'd recommend it. Same maps, just different or more up to date weaponary.

14. Hephaestus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm pretty sure "Desert Storm" is a mod. My favorite class is medic, and favorite map is Tobruk.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.