1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Battle Squares

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by monkey, Nov 14, 2002.

1. monkey Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Is it possible to find out what levels and ranks you have completed? I started a bit randomly and thought you only need to get the fifth level in each rank to complete it but now I don't remember which ones I have done. I got a couple of gems and some money on the first rank - does that mean I have done all the levels?

2. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

the moment you finish a whole rank, the screen will shake like you scored a critical hit just longer. Also, you'll get a magical prize instead of just gems and money.

the prizes are (if you want to check if you finished a rank)
    • - rank 1 = Warded Dragon's Belt
      • +3 reflex saves
      • 6/- cold resistance
      - rank 2 = Potion of Holy Transference
      • permanantly +2 wis, -1 dex
      - rank 3 = Cornugan Hide Armor
      • damage reduction 10/+2
      • regenerate 1 hp per 10 rounds
      - rank 4 = Boots of Grounding
      • 6/- electrical resistance
        - rank 5 = Throwing Axe of Shocking Burst
        • return to user
        • 1d6 electrical damage, 10% chance of extra 1d10 electrical damage
        • +5 for hitting
        - rank 6 = Club of Disuption (** MUST GET **)
        • undead and outsiders must make fortitude save or destroy
        • +5 for hitting
        - rank 7 = Ice Spear +4
        • cast ice lance 1/day
        - rank 8 = Composite Longbow of Empowerment
        • random +4 on str, dex, con, int, wis, cha for 5 rounds when damage by melee
        - rank 9 = Wand of dead (** MUST GET **)
        • cast animate undead
        - rank 10 = Brilliant short sword +5
        • attack ignore shield or armor bonos
        - upon completion of all ranks = Bracers of Icelandic Pearl
        • cast lesser planar binding : water element 1/day
        • cast cone of cold 1/day
        • cast horrid wilting 1/day
      As for checking level, well, there isn't really any. if you complete a once completed level, you would get any thing. Well, this is the hard way of checking. An easy way of checking is record down what you have finished earlier.

3. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Battle squares? Ranks? :confused: I have never heard of them. What are they?

4. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31

The best way to go about the bsquares is to complete every rank in order, i.e. rank 1 then 2 then 3... I used the old fashion method of paper and pencil: Level 1: rank 1, rank 2, rank 3, rank 4, and rank 5. Level 2...

I too bounced around completing different ranks on different levels at first, but once I figured out what I needed to do to complete each level and earn the prize the old P&P method helped a lot.

Harkle: for each level in bsquares (L1-10) you have to complete 5 ranks (r1-5), therefore to complete bsquares you need to do 50 sets of battles in all.

5. Suker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Has anybody finished the 250 battles in HOF? It seems almost impossible. A list of prize will be nice.

6. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31

Suker, the items listed above by teekc are the items you get in HoF. In normal mode for ranks 1 and 3 you get the Dragons Belt (+3 Reflex save) and the Abishai Hide armor (+3 leather armor, damage reduction 5/+1). All the rest of them (at least the ones I tested rank 10 and rank 7) were the same items as in normal mode. You may get more XP for some of the battles and I did receive quite a few rogue stone gems (almost 1 each battle) plus lots and lots of gold. But the difficulty of the fights was not worth it. The only way I could complete most ranks and kill the monsters with over 1000 hitpoints was to use the Armegeddon longsword---which is a huge cheat, but even with this sword and buff spells there were several creatures that almost did in my 24th level fighter...

Bsquares in HoF is no freakin joke, and it was not much fun either. If anyone else has completed it and found different items than listed above then please give a shout out...

[ November 14, 2002, 20:27: Message edited by: Grey Ghost ]

7. monkey Gems: 6/31

Finished Battle Squares at last. Once you get the Mace of Disruption, Cornugons and Glabrezu are not bad. Remhoraz and Frost Giants are so easy if you get them stuck in the northern door.

If you cant remmeber which levels you have done , open Dale Keeper 2 and go to the global variables section. There is a variable for each rank (they are very obviously named) that you have attempted.

Level 1 = 4
    Level 2 = 8
    Level 3 = 16
    Level 4 = 32
    Level 5 = 64

The value of each variable is the sum of the levels you have completed. So if you have completed all levels for a rank the value will be 124. This came in handy as I discovered I had missed out Rank 1, Level 2. It could have been nasty trying to discover that by trial and error.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.