1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Battle in the begining of Mir Forest

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Bateluer, Jun 29, 2001.

1. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

How did you get past Gorion and his lackies? I keep getting level drained into the dirt and slaughtered! :mad:

Any good tactics or spells I should be testing?

2. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I had a ton of trouble with this fight too.

My party:
    Valys, Wild Mage
    Sarevok,
    Viconia,
    Minsc,
    Aerie,
    Imoen.

I found several good tactics that helped a lot.

1. Cast Chaotic Commands on EVERYONE, so the Swamp Horrors can't Chaos your characters.

2. Summon dead, Aerial Servants, that kind of stuff. DO NOT SUMMON FIENDS. I normally do this in some big fights, it backfired here. One time I would have won I lost because my other summoned creatures were turned against me by the demon hurting them with fireballs, which also killed party members.

3. Teleport Field is good to scramble the enemies, allowing casters enough time to finish longer spells.

4. Since I have Aerie and Viconia, I cast a double Holy Smite, simultaneously. After a dozen or so failed attempts to take Gorion down, it was very easy because this spell killed off two of his lackeys immediately, and badly injured the rest. I had two fighter types, I used Minsc and maybe one or two summoned creatures to hold off some of the remaining lackeys, then had my casters and Sarevok and any extra summoned creatures pound on the weakest enemy. When that one goes down, move on, ad nauseum.

I actually got through this fight with no deaths, something unusual for my party.

3. Taran Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My main character is a mage. The hardest part of the fight was to get my mage out of the front line alive after getting little extra punishment from gorion...

But after that, it's amazing what time stop and couple Abi Dazim's Horrid Wiltings will do... ;)

4. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Its a wonderfull little spell called negative plane protection, i suggest you have a couple of those memorized at all times bateleur, or items that come equiped with it.

5. Bateluer Gems: 11/31

Gonna make a 5th shot at it later today. Thanks for the tips.

6. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Even simpler, sunray. You can cast it with the daystar or helm of brilliance if you don't have a cleric assuming you kept those items...

Besides, shouldn't you be around level 25 now?? What's a couple levels drained matter??

[This message has been edited by Tyresian (edited June 30, 2001).]

7. Bateluer Gems: 11/31

It matters:

1. I love close to 8 or 9 levels in an instant

2. My mages lose their high level spells

3. I am only lvl 21, average. I ended SoA maxed out on all party members.

8. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

25?

Damn, my main isn't even 20 yet. Starting the whole SoA over seems better and better an idea...

9. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I just noticed you have Aerie in your group. I assume she is about 18th level in her priest class? Start turning undead! Viconia should even be much higher.

10. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Didn't you people go through watcher's keep??? I gained around 6 levels there.

11. Bateluer Gems: 11/31

I got stomped again! I think I will finish Watcher's Keep entirely.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.