1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bards

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Elvenblade, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] How usefull are they in IWD (not HoW) :confused:

And what does the bard song do

[ February 27, 2003, 10:29: Message edited by: Elvenblade ]

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I've only played with them once, and the only use I can find for them is getting extra XP (I won't tel you where). I'm not sure, but I think the bard song gives your party a better attack. :confused:

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

In IwD v1.06, they are right on the line.

They are not just tremendously useful, but they are useful. The reason why their worth is right on the line, is because of reinforcements.

v1.06 of Icewind doesn't have packs of enemies rushing you, if you are cautious about advancing. They don't call for reinforcements. Your level isn't all that high, either, but the bottom line of it all is that you can have several people ganging up on one monster at a time. The whole way through the game.

There's a few critical parts, like down in Dragon's Eye, where it's tough to pull off. Usually, you're best off letting the wizard toss a fireball in there, off screeen, and pulling him back to the rest of the party; so the enemies kind of "trail" to you, one at a time.

The bard will make your battles just a tiny bit easier, and he(she) can cast spells on top of that. But I can't really say the bard is critical to have. I can definately tell you that a full cleric and a paladin both come in extrememly handy. Turning undead in this game is like free XP; there is a fairly intense number of undead.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.