1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Frog, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I'm a bit curious and a bit skeptical about this game at the same time. I already know it's nothing like the BG saga for PC being a dungeon hack. Actually the only reason I'm bringing it up is it's coming out for GCN come November. Also the small fact that it just so happens to take place in the Forgotten Realms.

So to anyone that has the PS2 version, care to enlighten me further?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Make a search for it in this forum, it's been discussed in detail in the past.

3. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I have it on PS2, not really worth buying, good in 2 player though.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

GCN! Where, how? Last I heard is that its PS2 exclusive. Oh hell, it has BG at the beginning of it, I have to buy it.

5. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

It's already been out on the PS2 for ages, it's been on the Xbox for a while and now it's going to be released on the GC. And it's a CRAP game I tell you! Nothing like the BG games.

6. Frog Gems: 12/31

Veteran

Didn't I already establish this in the opening post. I know it's a dungeon hack, but I'm wondering if it's gameplay is similar to that of Gauntlet, not it sucks or it's crap. That doesn't tell me anything about the game itself.

Maybe if you backed up reasons for why it sucks, than you would be more convincing eh?

Aikanaro: It's official!

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Not sure whether thats a good thing or not but... Hmm, never know, if I hear some positive things about it I might buy it. I've learnt the hard way never to buy a game just because of it makers

8. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31

I played it, and had a good bit of fun with it.

As long as you know it's a hack and slash, Guantlet type game. Solid and fun, but not revolutionary.
    It is a bit deeper than Guantlet. The levels and story is pretty interesting. There's a fair amount of variety in the game, it's not like some games where you fight enemies that all feel the same after a while, and it's nicely balanced (never gets too frustrating or too easy).
    It's fairly fast paced, and doesn't get boring, it held my interest until the end.

There's a tough Guantlet mode after you beat it, where you get a ramped up (lvl 14, I think) Drizzt and have to clear a whole dungeon in a limited time. If you beat this it opens a higher difficulty level for you to play at.

Hmm, I think I'm going to dig it out and play it again....

9. Frog Gems: 12/31

Veteran

Sounds good. Drizzt did it for me. I'm going to have to check this game out.

10. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

press r2 l1 triangle and left and hold them simoltaneously then press start this will bring up a cheat menu.
    then finish game on extreme(cheesy yes :p ) then you can import your Drizzt saves and play as him in single and multi :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.