1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bags under your eyes

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Elios, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Have you ever spent so much time playing a game you were late for work? Missed a class?
    What is the longest time you've spent on one sitting playing a computer game?
    I spent around 10 hours once playing BG. I spent about 11 hours once playing Star Wars Tie Fighter.
    I have missed a few classes here and there, but the worst was one day I got so involved in a game that I never got around to cutting the grass, my wife came home from work and I was still in the clothes I slept in. :eek:

2. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

heh, i like it. I remember it now. Getting up at about 9am and gettting straight down to some gaming. Having 5minute breaks now and then to rest my eyes :bigeyes: and to grab food, and not turning the computer off until 11pm. I was so wrapped up in that game, Dungeon Keeper. :evil:

Wow, what a game. Not sure it was worth the all day headache i had the next day though. :bang:

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Addiction to certain games is a perfectly good reason to stay in front of the computer the whole day (wearing what you slept in, in my case just boxershorts). I don't have the chance to do this often though :( . I'm trying hard to not make computer gaming affect my schoolwork.

4. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I spent 14 hours playing Team Fortress once.
    I remember looking out the window and thinking "man, is it still light out?", then looked at the clock, "oh I've only been playing for two hours... hey waitaminute".

5. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] My brother once spent more than 24 hours playing FF7, with a few brief breaks for food and such. He wasn't able to do much more than that, as his ankle was broken.

6. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

umm ahh the longest for me was a 48 hour period while playing Ultima Online. For the whole 48 hour period I did not log off, although I left the computer to eat, bathroom break, and walk the dog.

7. Ark Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I played a game for a day.

And 3 and a half hours.....

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I havent had any supersessions that I remember not counting me and a friends Championship Manager 92/93 sessions on my amiga. We couldnt save so we left the game running for weeks at an end but we didnt play all the time (almost though). Lately it must have been when I was just going to 'check out' Civ 3 before studying and early bed and the next time I checked the clock it was 7hours later and I couldnt understand where the time had passed as I had just 'checked it out'.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.