1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Baghdad stormed. But will they give up?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Erebus, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Today at 9:11 am (weird), the US stormed Baghdad, and and performed multiple artillery raids in central Baghdad. But is that it? It seems to me that Saddam will probably go balls out on the offensive later, firing every scud hes got at on coming coalition troops, what do you think?

2. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Oh I don't think you'll see this end quickly. It would be nice if it did. The Americans are saying that they are conducting a raid, nothing more, and I wouldn't be surprised if you see them withdraw before nightfall.

3. Erebus Gems: 16/31

4. Milliardo Peacecraft Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Hhmm...who is telling the truth, and who is lying? I think this is much a war of bullets and shells as it is a war of propaganda. According to a report by Al-Jazeera, 800 American troops were killed in trying to get Saddam Airport, and that the coalition forces have actually withdrawn from taking it aftwr Iraqi forces took it back. The report is in Arabic: http://www.al-jazirah.com/1239553/du3ds.htm and is translated from another board here: http://www.englishsabla.com/forum/showthread.php?s=ce2b3d5d1e38bed36d0613af08762fef&threadid=12084. Ooppss--actually the report of Iraqis taking the airport back came from Saddam's information ministry, not AlJazeera.

5. Erebus Gems: 16/31

I got mine of CNN, but anyway, I find that the loss of that many troops surprising, up until then they suffered minor losses compared to the Iraqis (civilians and soldiers).

6. Oxymore Gems: 13/31

Well , imo Saddam will fall one day or another , the issue is more like "what happens next ?"
    After all , it took six days to the israeli to conquer Palestine , more than thirty years later the problem is far from resolved ...

7. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Today I heard that they killed Ali Chemicalie (don't know if he is known by that name in other countries, he's supposed to be a nephew of saddam and a bad one at that) and that america had conquered three presidential palaces.

In my eyes it's going all to easy conquering bagdad and I think there will be a huge surprise for the americans in the next coming hours/days.

8. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yah,I think there will be the fight the americans always wanted to avoid:The guerilla war !
    And I don't think they can win it fast !

9. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Well now I'm not so sure. Apparaintly Iranian and Kuaitie(sp!) journalists are reporting of popular Iraqi uprisings against Saddam inside of BAGHDAD! I'm still a little skeptical, but I guess we'll all see soon.

10. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] The Americans will win (and soon it seems).
    A country like Iraq can't resist America forever :)
    Saddam ain't leading but two things right now, Jack and S..., and Jack left town :p

[ April 08, 2003, 21:09: Message edited by: jesper898 ]

11. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

That's pretty funny, Jesper! I tend to agree. We have the Iraqi Information minister claiming that the Americans did not take the airport. Well, last I saw, they did take the airport, no question. That minister is a loony toon.

That doesn't mean that America is going to have an easy ride, though. Even if the official fighting ends in the next few days, Iraq is not going to be a very friendly place for Americans for the forseeable future. Not that it was ever a real tourist hotspot, but you get the point.

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    So did the Marines get Saddam & Sons tonight, or is it just a ploy to bring him out into the open to force him to prove he's still alive?!

13. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Who knows, Rally.

I seriously think we nailed him with that first bombing.

I tell you right now. The one single thing that would just completely change the entire equation, right around, favoring the products side.

If a few of our special operations guys managed to (silently) take control of the broadcast control room, and you see 4 or 5 coalition soldiers rush in and put a grab on the Misinformation guy. If they could pull it off, it would utterly crush the timeline.

And there are enough psychos in those kinds of circles, that someone is actually working on that.

14. Erebus Gems: 16/31

Well, Saddam still has some tricks up his sleeve, in fact I won't be surprised if he calls back the entire Republican Guard to fight, and fire some Biochemical weapons.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.