1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bag of Gems

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by FightCat, Jan 22, 2009.

1. FightCat Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

O' mighty adventurers of the Forgotten Realms,

I'm in serious need of a gem bag. I already have one -which is full-, yet couldn't find another (or failed to remember from where to get it).

I'm around Athkala currently -newly started BG2 for a second time.

Shaitan likes this.
  2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    You can buy one from the Adventurer's Mart and another from Arledrian, the thief in the upper floor of Gaylan Boyle's home in the Slums district.

EDIT: Actually, my best advice is to skip to the next post. :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
    Shaitan likes this.
  3. saros Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Here is a list of some Gem Bag locations:

Ribald, Adventurer's Mart, Waukeen Promenade
    Aledrian, Gaelan Bayle home, 2nd floor, Slums
    Merchant (daytime only) at the center of the Bridge District
    Gorch, Mae'var's guildhall, Docks district
    Night-time merchant, NE part of Trademeet, night-time only
    Sister Garlena, Watcher's Keep

There may be one more in SoA, but I cannot remember where.

Shaitan likes this.
  4. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I think one of the merchants in the outside area of the Docks has one for sale too. However I always play with BGtweaks: add extra bags component.

5. FightCat Gems: 2/31

Thanks so much for your quick replies.

Mind if I ask where scroll cases are available as well ?

6. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I use to buy one at Galoomp at Waukeens and one at the scroll lady at Ribalds (in the back)

7. FightCat Gems: 2/31

By the way, there is only one merchant in the center of the Bridge District and he does not possess a gem bag. :(

Nevermind. That was my bad, I found the one selling it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  8. saros Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

There is a second one - an elven or half-elven lady, which again is not always present - only between 6 and 18 hour.

In fact, there are a lot of merchants in the Bridge District, but most of them are not always present - like Mrs Cragmoon or the Cutpurse in the western part of this district - near the Derelict home.

Here you go the list of the scroll cases which are sold in SoA:

Galoomp in Waukeen's promenade
    Lady Yuth inside the Adventurer's Mart, Waukeen's promenade
    Bernard, Copper Coronet, Slums, but only available if you haven't freed Hendak yet
    Day-time merchant near Rayic Gethrac's home, Docks
    One of the merchants in Trademeet (after being proclaimed Hero of Trademeet)
    Night-time only merchant (Cutpurse) in the eastern part of the Waukeen's Promenade

Edit: Min Minling in Umar Hills also has a Bag of Gems in his inventory.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'm always amazed that no one ever made a bottomless Gem Bag to go with the Bottomless Bag of Holding in the EoU mod. Once I get my BBoH, I just drop all my gems in there. :thumb:

10. cmorgan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

BG2 Tweakpack has a component to help with this, and it can also set unlimited stacking for those who like that kind of thing. The EoU mod got incorporated into that Tweakpack, with some upgrades like making all the containers bottomless. Miloch also has a mod floating around (called "containers" I think) that recolors them individualizes them; I don't remember if he allowed larger capacities, or simply expected folks to use BG2 Tweakpack.

11. FightCat Gems: 2/31

Well, I'm totally orthodox against mods.

Producers must have reasons to code the game the way it is supposed to be. No offense at modders intended.

Thanks for all tips though.

12. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Some mods fix bugs. I'm certain the game developers didn't make the game buggy on purpose. :p

13. FightCat Gems: 2/31

Well, assuming you know what mod means, I've nothing to say against you ^^

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.