1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Attack Roll or No

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'm trying to figure out of using this feat in combat requires an attack roll or not in combat (a succubus can only use her "kiss" in a grapple so that doesn't help):

Benefit: You may infuse your kiss or other more intimate attentions with a spirit-draining effect. The objects of your infused affections must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your character's total level or HD + your Cha modifier) or be fatigued. Remember a fatigued character becomes exhausted when he does something that would normally cause fatigue. Kissing an opponent in combat provokes an attack of opportunity

Special: Each use of this feat deals 1 point of Wis damage to you.

Thanks for any help.

2. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

No idea, but im guessing on the graple thing here as well.

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I would say it depends completely on the situation that it's used in. For example, in a non-combat situation the kiss might be given purely through RP, with the receiver been totally unaware that it will cause the fatigue.

In combat, I would imagin that it would be a up for a call of the DM. From what I see there, I would personally rule that the target must be helpless for the kiss to be used, as it would be very hard to kiss someone if they were swinging a sword. And even in grappel it is easy enough for them to move their head away or struggle to make the kiss impossible.

So end of story, I think it would depend completely on the situation, but I would ask your DM. Unless you are the DM. Although you could still ask yourself.

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Well, it says "intimate attentions", so I'm guessing that it does have to necessarily be a kiss. (Although if you're giving those intimate attentions, kissing is probably a comparatively safe thing to do.) I'd just go with a sucessful grapple check when grappling/being grappled. (Because it's not that hard to kissing someone when you're wrestling with them.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.