1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ashenwood Fun (MotB Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Blackthorne TA, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just finished Ashenwood, and it was lots of fun.

Getting the Shape of Fire Essence and molding it to one of my weapons was sweet; especially with those Fell Trolls. 6D6 fire damage! It made short work of all the Treants and Shambling Mounds too... nice!

Now I have a 6D6 fire damage greatsword and a 6D6 cold damage greatsword; I wonder if there's any other essences coming up as cool :)

How about that Paragon Beast of Malar?! Was that crazy or what? Hard to hit, super Evasion skills plus crazy regeneration. I finally had to Power Word Kill it when I got it Near Death for the third time.

Okku's pretty much eating out of my hand now (93 or so influence). Ashenwood was definitely an Okku influence bonanza. I wonder if the Sunken City will be the same kind of thing for Gann.

2. Master Leo Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

ashenwood is fun because it's a huge open area, and you can really let off those massive area spells, but otherwise it wasn't very challenging
    as far as okku goes, you can either gain a ton of influence, or lose most of it, depending on your decisions

i kinda screwed up towards the end, when i joined nadaj in the uprising (supposedly this is an evil solution)

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It was fun because there were all kinds of new monsters to see and experience, and even a game of King of the Hill with Frost Giants! :) I also like to find special things like the Shape of Fire essence. And you get more of the back story for what's inside you.

True that it wasn't too difficult overall (or I guess it wasn't for me or you at least), but that Paragon Beast of Malar sure was tough to put down for me. Maybe that was because my spell casters didn't have much left at that point though.

EDIT
    About Nadaj, I didn't trust her one bit. "Hey, thanks for helping me out with some really difficult stuff; now I just need you to foment rebellion for me with no proof of my accusations at all." Ha! Sorry there chicky, but do your own dirty work!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  4. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I knew there was something I missed, I never faced any paragon beast of Malar, though I did initiate the quest and it stayed in my journal. I will have to pay closer attention to that next time...

5. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Ah! Where was it...? It was in some cave, but I can't remember which map. IIRC, it was near where there were Fell Trolls and you have that scene where a Malarite is hunting a pair of Berserkers. Was that the main Ashenwood map? Not sure.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.