1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Army man says hi

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Mollusken, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

You probably haven't missed me, but I decided to drop in and say hi anyway.

First, I now bear the title "Dragoon". Cool, eh? Dragoon Sandene (my last name) is now how I'm referred to when wearing the green clothes :) .

Right now I'm learning how to drive the Norwegian stormwagons know as CV 9030N, the best stormwagons in the world under Norwegian conditions. Army life is great, but I think I'll buy a laptop soon so I can play some Baldur's Gate again :p .

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

"Congrats", I should say, but since it's army I'll say: "Ha-ha!" in the Simpsons way. :p

I'll bet you re-think how great the army life is once you caugh your first army-flue. :D

3. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

So you'll be driving a truck during the Norwegian winter? "Cool" indeed.

4. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Good luck up in the North. I'll guess you're looking forward to the winter? :)

5. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Hey!
    Long time since we last heard from our Norwegian rep, Veldrin's taking good care of your news for you ;)
    Have fun :)

6. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hey Mollusken, Good to hear from you again :) Try not to shoot yourself, OK :p

7. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

No, it's a 24000kg tank :p . And the winter might be cold, but the driver has the warmest seat :p . He also have to sleep more than everyone else because of safety :grin: .

[ September 28, 2003, 14:28: Message edited by: Mollusken ]

8. Oxymore Gems: 13/31

:lol: A real stormtrooper! :tie:

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Damn, driving that sure beats news posting! :shake:

Keep up the good work. ;)

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Man, I want one of those!

You have fun, you hear me?

11. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Nice to see you again :)

Have fun, dude :D

12. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

Having fun is no problem :) . We're going to drive in some rough terrain tomorrow, and we will also have the final exams (theory...) before we will be authorized CV90 drivers. And this Saturday I'm going home for the first time in almost 2 months!

13. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

No no no! I hate tracks. Armoured motorised infantry is the way to go, just got to love the piranha! But 30mm canon does beat 12,7 heavy machine gun though... Oh well, nice to know that someone has seen the light! :D By the way, are you drafted/conscripted in norway, or is it all professional?

I've only seen a few norwegian soldiers, but apparently you don't have any rules about lenght of hair? Those I saw would qualify to being part of a 80'es rock band every time. :p

Hmmm, dragoon eh? Can't have that. You just have to be a Royal Guardsman! Remember: Pain is only temporary while honour is forever!

Oh well, enjoy it in the snow...

14. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

military brainwashing, lmao :D

15. Eze Gems: 24/31

Eze: MOM, I WANT TO GO TO THE NORWEGIAN ARMY!
    Mom: You're too young for that. And army isn't for girls anyway.
    Eze: Aw man. That blows. Anyways, I will go to the army in five years! *sticks tongue out*
    *mom sighs*

I think that the aforementioned episode shows my jealousy.

16. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] Military service sucks.

Take my word for it. I know.

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

military is all about the friends you get when in there. If a good companionship it'll be cool, if a bad companionship it'll be hell.

18. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] Military is all about stupidity, rather.

If you're intelligent, it'll be hell.

If you're moronic, it'll be damned cool.

19. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

must be a dimwitted mili you got down there *hands over a beer*

20. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

Eze, army is for girls! Under the danish international battallion in kosovo, I think the estonian scouts squadron had the highest proportion of women.

As for "honour is forever", well it something you have to be a military person to understand! :) Oh well, just don't take it too literally. I really hated my four months of guard duty, and now I really REALLY hate japanese tourists!

Being drafted is not fun, and I understand why many hate the military afterwards. Things do get better when you turn pro, atleast it the danish army. Don't know how it is everywhere else...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.