1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Are there any nice kits for warriors with high mental stats?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by chevalier, Jul 13, 2003.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    As the topic says. I'm almost done creating a paladin who happens to have very high INT and WIS scores (also good DEX and average CON at best). I've checked all paladin, fighter, ranger, priest and even bard kits from core books but nothing seems to match. I don't think many people have played or seen such a weird paladin build, but I'm asking anyway...

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    As I have said before, why not making one? If your DM is okay with that and the kit is not overpowered ( Like Advantage: + 5 vs any Foe Disadvantage: Can only achieve High Mastery )I don't see why you couldn't. Isn't D&D suposed to help you create the caracter you want?

edit: toataly :yot: btw, WOO-HOOO I got a new gem the Zircon!

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yes, your DM is most certainly OK with that.
    And I have some new classes that fit what you want, but no kits.

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Doing some research for a current character, and this might work. The Relics and Rituals, Vigilant Prestige class (p.22)

I'll stop by the bookstore today to look it up, but if anyone has some info on this class, please post it.

5. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Are you talking about 2nd or 3rd edition. Kits were a big thing with 2nd edition. 3rd edition uses prestige classes. It has been quite a while since I did anything with 2nd edition and I have given all my books to my brother who hasn't yet converted over to 3rd edition. I'll check on that if you are interested. As for Prestige Classes, I think either the Blasesinger or Spellsword are what you may want to look at. Both would require taking some levels in both Fighting and Wizardry, or something that would give you the prerequisites. If you are interested, both are located in Tome and Blood. PM me if you want more information on either.

6. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

If you have no qualms about using light weapons or rapiers and fighting unarmored (can be suprisingly effective with some work), the Duelist kicks ass.

7. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

IIRC, there is also the 'Fighter fom Halruaa'-Kit in 2nd Ed., a fighter with minor arcane skills who is able to cast while wearing magical(!) armor.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.