1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Are Cats Evil servents of Satan?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Cúchulainn, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

http://dbhome.dk/carlo/cat.htm

Well at least one person seems to think so:

Black cats are lucky in Britian and Ireland. N.American is the only place that I know of that thinks black cats are 'unlucky'.

Didn't God create all creatures in his likeness?

So what should we do? Burn all cats alive as they are the decline of society?

Did they own any other animals?

Maybe we should take our cats to 'rehab' to overcome their terrible addictions. I never thought animals set examples to 'our young ones'. Do other pets abstain from sex before marriage?

This may seem like a silly topic but I do think there are serious consequences if anyone takes it seriously.

[ January 28, 2005, 11:02: Message edited by: Cesard ]

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Actually it should be the other way around. Humans are the servants of Satan (if you believe in such non-sense of course), humans are the ones who cause evil. Name one evil act of a cat (and that's not scratching someone because they are annoying :p )

And please don't link any freak accidants that happens to have a cat involved. If so I can link many more human acts in that catagory :rolleyes:

3. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

This is hilarious.

:lol:

Oh dear, I'm using a computer.

:D

This was my favourite passage, the Bible doesn't say they weren't there, ergo they must have been there. Superb use of logic.

I assure folks that my (now departed) cats were quite tame, and quite well trained. Alas, they weren't raised in the truth, but then neither were the tropical fish, our current dog, or the better halfs now sadly deceased pets, two dogs, a bat and a hedgehog.
    (Though obviously with those she must be a witch and dedicated to Satan)

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Yes I watched a Discovery show on cats and quite a few people can train their cats to do some amazing things. My own mother could make her cats sit, roll over and believe it or not do handstands.

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Cats are evil! I am allergic to cats and everytime I go to a house with a cat the cat, even if it is claimed to not like strangers, jumps up to me and looks adorable and wants to cuddle and I am invariable to weak to resist which results in a superstuffed nose and red itchy eyes. Cats are eeeeeeeeeeevil! :evil:

6. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

In reality you're probably allergic to cat saliva.
    Not that the information will help you a lot...

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That or the insulation fat on the cats skin or the tiny little critters which live on the dead cat skin.

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

To the author of that wonderful insight into felines I will bring up an old Irish saying:

'Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat'

I hope you get eaten by the cat, and I hope the devil eats the cat!

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    This and this is all you need to know.

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I own two cats - one is orange and the other is black with only a couple of white hairs on the chest.

Anyone who has lived on a farm can tell you that based on this type of thinking chickens are servants of Satan. :evil: :bang: :nuts:

11. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Impressive, methinks. Some people have such screwy moral strength that the beauty of a cat's subtle endearing grace comes off as a diabolic temptation. This. Is. Remarkable.

12. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

No, cats are not evil servants of Satan. It is also very possible to train and tame a cat. I have seen cats do some very amazing things.

13. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    @Chev, the first picture makes your cat look like a zombie cat.

Anyway, arnt Cats the guardians of the Underworld in Egyptian Mythology?

Also God cant have hated cats that much if he let Noah save 2 of them when God flooded the world.

14. toughluck Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

OMG LOL ROFLMAO!!!
    This is hillarious...

I don't know who wrote that piece of cr*p, but it is funny to see:
    1. Some people disregard history when compared to the Bible because something does not fit their description in its literary form, but when they need history to back something up? Oh, brother, not only do they use history, but they invent their own! And I wonder if they know what the Bible says about liars, perhaps I should mail them a passage...
    2. Those actions not befitting a Christian household... I'm stunned... Simply stunned. It's so stupid that I cannot believe anyone actually did write that.
    3. About not owning a cat. It would perhaps come as a surprise to that writer, but cats were much more popular than dogs (who were almost non-existant) in the Middle East. Cats were necessary to keep rodents at bay, and other animals would have been useless. Whilst it is unlikely that Christ would keep a cat (as he was travelling), I would say it is almost certain His Mother would have kept one. Same can be said about Abraham or Moses. Wherever there were granaries, there were mice. And where there were mice, there needed to be cats. It was as simple as that.
    4. Black cats are lucky, all right. It was considered a good luck charm to bury a black cat alive in the foundations of a new house. What's most terrible about it is that some people might have believed that superstition.

One thing that is gratifying in that text -- it shows off fanatism of 'Jehovah's Witnesses.' Not that I didn't know about it, but this text is simply stunning.

15. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Excuse me?

Some external differences in physiology and morphology. I bet. So very few indeed. You just cant look at a cat and not be reminded of a serpent, right? There's this tail and those four legs with fur all over it.... but nevermind, it's really almost a full-blooded serpent, everyone can see it. :rolleyes:

16. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

:lol:
    Hillarious. Anyone seen Eddiy Murphy's Dr. Dolittle II, a dog is show licking its ass all the way thru a meeting.

@toughluck
    What is this 'Jehovah's Witnesses' business. Never heard of it and no idea about it.

17. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @Shri

Jehovah's Witnesses are an overly zealous Christian Order. They do follow the basics of the bible, but refer to God as Jehovah (uncommon among all other Christian sects that I am aware of). In addition to having a very strict interpretation of the Bible, they also seek to not contaminate or change their bodies in any way. They do not smoke or drink, or consume beverages that contain caffeine, such as soda or coffee. They also do not change their bodies (for lack of a better term). So they do not get tatoos or any type of body piercing. Women do not even get the ear's pierced, and do not wear makeup.

Also, to everyone:

When was evolution discredited? I must have missed the news release on that. Anyway, if it is indeed discredited, isn't then anything that follows from it also discredited - including the links between snakes and cats? Anyway, for those few who might be interested, cats are as closely related to snakes as all other mammals - in other words - not very closely.

In the classification system the order is:
    Kingdom
    Phylum
    Class
    Order
    Family
    Genus
    species

Snakes and cats belong to the same kingdom (animalia) and phylum (chordata) but are in different classes (cats are in mammalia, and I don't know waht class snakes are in.

18. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Wasn't Michael Jackson a Jehovah's Witness? (Now *there's* someone who's never changed his body...)

19. Ox Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Cats are good...
    ...fundamentalist religious whako's are not...

20. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

You're preaching to the choir here. No one will even play Devil's Advocate (har har) if you, say, posted a thread ridiculing Jack Chick. After all, there are probably not many religious fundamentalists who will (or even can) play the games featured by SP.

And I wouldn't be surprised if chev had a yellow dog named Odie too.

(EDIT: I think the page might be satire, but I there are no links to its related pages, so there's no context.)

[ January 29, 2005, 05:26: Message edited by: Oaz ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.