1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Arcanum section?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Firestorm, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

[​IMG] I just wanted to know if Tal, is going to start a Arcanum section and boards, because people here are really helpful.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Nope, sorry. (A)D&D games coverage is about all I can handle. If you're looking for a good Arcanum site, check out my buddy Calis' site Terra Arcanum: http://www.terra-arcanum.com

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] But I'm warning you Firestorm - that board is not so good as this one!
    It is flooded with spams and bumps, and also it is killer for ppl with dial-up like me. You'll see...

Anyway, I'm searching for less "make up" forums on Arcanum to join.

One thing more - IMHO although that forum there sucks, site pages are touch of class!

4. Rangstrom Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'll try terra-arcanum. The arcanum board at vault network is childish in the extreme. Any other suggestions?

5. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

6. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] Kind of off-topic:
    If I can run SoA on my computer, do you think that I'd be able to run Arcanum too?
    Right now, I can only run the minimum installation of SoA, and the game crashes from time to time...
    thx!
    //Zaragoth

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If you can run BG2, you can run Arcanum. If anything, Arcanum would run on a weaker machine than BG2.

8. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] You're wrong Tal. Arcanum is the game which needs stronger hardware. I had a P200 with 64 ram. I finished BG2 on it 2 months ago, it went okay. But the Arcanum demo, on the other hand, went so slow that I had to wait for 2 mins for my inventory to open or for the charater to even move...

9. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] Nooooooo!! It cannot be! :aww:
    Argh! :sosad:

10. Azirath Gems: 6/31

I have 4 sticks of 128mb pc133 rdram, and an amd thunderbird with 1.4ghz and though in game it runs perfectly, it takes 3 minutes to load in the beginning...

11. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Your harddisk must suck :p
    Or the Bus is very very busy. Have you shot down all other non-vital programs running?

12. Azirath Gems: 6/31

My harddisk is fine, it is just i have a 3 way dvd/cdr/cd so it is slow. Plus i have windows ME and seems to be rather inefficient in comparison to my comparison.

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Excuse me Elendil, but your version of Arcanum wasn't gold version. :p

Troika Games released a newer version than that one you had three months before the game actually got in stores.
    So next time, skip warez no matter how great game is - you can't expect three months earlier a full game completely glanzed, ok?

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Eh hehehehe! I just picked it up Extremist, and as I play I will email all the details of my adventure right to you! :evil: ;)

Min specs for Arcanum: 64MB RAM, PII 300, 1.2GB free disk space.

Min specs for BG2: 32MB RAM, PII 233, 800MB free disk space.

15. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] Damn! :grr:
    I'll just have to buy a better computer then, aye? Aww! :sosad:

16. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmm, interesting... Certainly doesn't LOOK more demanding than BG2. :D
    And anyway, as Extremist said, you can't base speed on a beta/demo copy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.