1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anybody heard of Chill?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Vandalore, Feb 24, 2001.

1. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

In like the late 80's there was this P&P Horror RPG game called Chill. I believe it was originated by Mayfair, then Pacesetter took over when Mayfair went belly up. After Pacesetter gave it up to ICE, they didn't really do anything more with it. Aside from my brother-in-law, no one I know of it. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of it or even played it back in the day.

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Vandalore - I remember seeing adverts about it in Dragon Magazine many moons ago. Don't remember the specifics of the game - was a vampire hunting kind of gig?

I'll look at my old issues to see if I can find any of them...

3. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Cool yeah, check that out n let me know. It isn't all vampire hunting. It's kind of like Rifts and Vampire: The Masquerade (10 sided die are used a lot). The game takes place in this current time and Earth the way it is. The Unknown (demonic creatures, ghosts, and yes vampires) appear all over the world and kill or strike fear in their victums.

Probably what I like best about the game is either how realistic the game seems and that the choices of characters seem endless (you can choose from practically any "career" that you can persue in real life).

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Vandalore - All I could find was the actual advertisement, and it's only a quarter of the page...It just has some guy jumping out of a coffin.

I checked a couple of browsers for "Chill RPG" but there is damn little out there! I have a really good gaming store near the town I live in, When I get back from vacation, I'll see if they happen to have/know anything about it...If so, I'll let you know and you can get in touch with them.

5. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I played Chill only once about ten years ago. A friend of my had it. I remember getting killed rather quickly. Here all I could find on Chill. Follow this link for the RPG index. http://www.ps.uci.edu/~jhkim/rpg/encyclopedia/fulllist.html Maybe following the links might get you something. I hope this helps.

Chill
    1ed by Gali Sanchez, Garry Spiegle, Mark Acres, Ethan Sharp, and Michael Williams (1984) Pacesetter
    2ed by David Ladyman with Jeff R. Leason and Louis J. Prosperi (1990) Mayfair Games

A generic horror roleplaying game. The PCs are members of a centuries-old organization called S.A.V.E. dedicated to fighting evil, which includes a number of psychics. The monsters are mostly traditional (vampires et al.), which use different powers from a unified set of "Evil Way" disciplines.
    1st edition uses a percentile skill-based system, checking degree of success vs difficulty on a universal table. Character creation is random-roll attributes and point-bought skills.
    2nd edition uses a completely revised system (??).

6. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

random roll for some creatures attributes, but most everything is 'bought' by CIP points. however, balancing them between disciplines, stats, skills, etc isn't (each character starts out 'equally' with 100 CIP points, or 99 if you're mean :)

however, you can take draw backs (like poor vision, won't kill, phobias, disarmed, etc) which add a couple CIP points (depending on how severe the drawback is)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.