1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Any way to save Yoshimo? *spoilers*

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Jaws, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Jaws Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Is there a way to keep yoshimo really i like him he is cool

[ October 30, 2005, 15:06: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Not that I know of. Unless you CLUA him back into the game when he goes.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

The one way I've heard of is to leave him in the CC (or some other building) and pause the instant you some into the place after Spellhold. While paused, tell your character to talk to him, and get him to join. He then dies, but since he's in your party you can just get him raised at the temple. He's got no interjections for the rest of the game (and no epilogue either) though, so he'll be pretty quiet from there on out.

4. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Better yet, take Yoshimo to Brynnlaw and then dump him inside one of the buildings there and make him stay right there. Go through spellhold and do not go through the portal. Go back to Brynnlaw, take Yoshimo back into the group and raise him.

This will only work if you do not have Baldurdash installed.

5. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Gee, ya think this thread could have a spoiler tag?

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think 5 years after the original game's release we're a bit past marking basic spoilers...

7. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

5 years already? Time really flies... :geezer:

8. Klorox

Why Tal? There are still people buying the game and playing for the first time.

9. krunchyfrogg Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

He is supposed to die. Let him go and take his heart!

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Minor spoilers!

It would be interesting to have Yoshimo in the party for the whole game, but how to go about doing it is too complicated.

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Klorox - never qestion Tal. Even when he's wrong. :p

12. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Maybe, but trough questioning comes the free will. (Not that i need it of course) Anyway, let's not question Tal, that would be our doom. :rolleyes:

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Klorox, rather make that a minute percentage of people. Certainly not nearly enough to expect people to still mark every possible spoiler as such. I think the thread title alone in this case literally spelled out "spoiler inside".

14. Klorox

Yeah, and the title of the thread also clearly states that you will lose Yoshimo at some point.

I know I hated that the secret was ruined for me when I played the game for the first time.

15. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] The title hardly "clearly states" that you lose Yoshimo at some point. The matter of his saving (from what, whom, where?) posed as a question really doesn't give away any concrete details apart from the fact that he needs to be "saved" at some point in the game. Gee, him and mostly everyone else in the game. Without knowing the context in advance, it's impossible to determine from that title alone what happens without applying some major guesswork.

Seeing every Yoshimo thread marked with *spoiler* is also a pretty obvious spoiler that something major happens to him, wouldn't you say? So people can get spoiled about that without even READING the threads.

Unfortunately, the nature of what happens to Yoshimo in the game is not something that could be kept under wraps for anyone visiting any message boards on a regular basis. Heck, the rumours about it have been flying around even before the game's been released. I already knew about it when I was playing the beta.

And if anyone has actually managed to avoid getting spoiled about this event because of *spoiler* warnings in thread headlines on message boards, I'd be extremely surprised. The way I see it, the only way not to spoil yourself about this is not to talk to anyone who's ever played BG2, not read any walkthroughs and not visit any BG2 message boards.

Anyway, I've added the spoiler warning to the thread title just to keep everyone happy, but I'd still like to hear from anyone who has managed to avoid being spoiled about Yoshimo simply because of spoiler warnings on message boards. Please PM me if you are one of these lucky people, as I'm really curious if the spoiler warnings considering Yoshimo have had any effect at all.

16. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm not PMing Tal because the first time I played through BG II-SoA I didn't know about SP. I had a feeling when I first met Yoshimo that there was something funny about him so wasn't suprised when I was proven right.

When I first play a game I try to stay away from forums or walkthroughs. Only use them if I get really stuck. Motto for any forum--User Beware!

17. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

One could only agree, Nakia! And as Tal says, it is hard to read a messageboard without getting spoilers. But with that being said, it is quite easy to put a spoiler alert in the headline IMHO. To awoid frustrated dwarfs it just might be a good idea :p , you never know when that axe hit your head :) . There are also more kind of threads, and some will allways contain unknown stuff of some sort.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.