1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Any Miners for my Keep?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Blackthorne TA, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I had those miners I rescued from Old Owl Well's Orc lairs, but now the leader up and left me for some reason; said he was going to Amn.

I didn't think much of it since I had the woman from Port Llast, but apparently she's just a merchant, and my weapon master now says he needs a local ore supply again.

I've looked all over the place and haven't found any other miners... any idea where I should look?

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm not as far as you in the game yet, but I seem to remember a miner in Port Llast. I think her name is Chalindra, and since her hubby's dead, she might be willing to help you out.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, that's the woman I'm talking about. I have her, but she seems to deal only with the sales side of things and not the actual mining... Darn it! :)

4. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You might check the bioware boards. I seem to remember someone posting a full list of workers for the keep. I didn't open it, being that I'm not at that point in the game yet and didn't want to spoil it, but it might be worth a gander in your case.

Edit: here's the thread I was referring to. I haven't read it, so not sure how good it is. But here it is anyhow: http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=522733&forum=110

[ November 25, 2006, 03:39: Message edited by: Marceror ]

5. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Hmmm... According to thread over there, Calindra should be a miner too. Not sure why the weaponsmith said he needs a local supplier then...

I didn't see anybody mention Pentin leaving though.

6. Marceror

Media:
    From some of what I've read, it seems that if you don't keep your folks "happy" that they will up and leave on you. Of course, this is definitely the blind leading the blind here, since I've not experienced this for myself yet :p

7. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Apparently in chapter two you can only do two weapon upgrades. You can do more in chapter three when you find more ore.

I got the armorer and he's got enough supplies so *shrug*. Just poor clarity in the dialog I guess.

8. Wolverine690 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

yeah I'm stuck on this as well I saved teh miners before I even knew about the keep & then also have talked to that lady in the inn in port llast & she keeps telling me she's waiting for her men to meet her or some such & the other miners who who knows where & I can't upgrade my armys gear b/c of this & i'm in act 3 and probably drawing close to the end of it now.

9. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    After you save Pentin and his miners, they show up in Old Owl Well.

For Calindra, you have to find her husband. He happens to be somewhere in the Duskwood.

10. Wolverine690 Gems: 1/31

yes I know I've already done that & I've found them...turns out are in the fields area which I usually don't travel much I just by pass them via wolfs minions. Anyhow so now that I've found them they have no ore and want me to find a mine...but I have no options for one anylonger. I am in Act III going to meet Sydney Natale.

So I think my greycloaks will never see gear upgrades :( Unless someone knows where or how to find a mind at this point?

11. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    There is apparently more ore to be found in chapter 3 (though I'm still in chapter 2). You just need to look for it in any caves you come across. When you find it, click on it and you'll get 50 XP :)

12. Marceror

Media:
    So I'm in chapter 2 and with the ore I've find since the beginning of the game I've been able to give my soldiers 2 weapon upgrades and 1 armor upgrade. Does that sound right for chapter 2, or does it seem that I've missed some ore deposits?--I'm assuming the game is remember all of the ore deposits I've clicked on over the course of the game and using those in the mining activities.

13. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    I believe I was able to do two of each armor and weapons.

14. Wolverine690 Gems: 1/31

yeah I've been looking since I've been in Act III and I've yet to go into another cave short of the Ironfists & there isn't any there that I've found so far.

Anyone in Act III yet and know where some can be found if any?

15. Marceror

Media:
    @BTA

From what I've been able to glean on the bio boards, you should be able to do 2 of each in act II. Unfortunately there's a bug in one of the orc caves where sometimes one of the ore deposits doesn't give you xp when you click on it. I bumped into that bug, so I'm guessing that's why I didn't get to do the second armor upgrade.

That said, it seems there's plenty of ore in act III to make up for this, so I'm not going to worry about it too much.

16. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    @ BTA :

Yeah, the same just happened to me, but I happen to have a lot of diplomacy, so I talked him into staying. Don't know where you can find some other miner though...

@Wolverine 690:

I started chapter 3, and so far I found three sources in the fire giant mountain : one near the bottom/left sentry tower, one in the main camp, and one in the dragon's lair.

And does someone know how you can get Ogren (or something like that, a character from West Harbour) for your keep as a farmer?

17. Marceror

Media:
    You're talking about Orlen, and you just have to go to West Harbor to ask him. Without posting any spoilers, you need to do this pretty quickly after getting your keep or you'll miss the opportunity.

18. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    *SPOILERS*

Yeah, I kinda figuered I couldn't get him since he died in West Harbour... ;) Damn it! Juste when my cleric had resurrection!

19. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The half-orc miner will at some point threaten to leave if you haven't found him enough ore to mine. The trick is to have Khelgar in your party when you have this convo. Choose the Intimidate option and, if you fail (as I did), Khelgar backs up your threat and the half-orc sticks around.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.