1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

An absolute slaughter - perhaps a record?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Blackhawk, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Hello everyone,

I was playing Sendai's Enclave and was fighting the slaves. I, however, forgot that I had to advance and just kept killing every one of the slaves as they appeared (I can't remember what they are named).

Here's my party

• My character: Thief, -19 AC
    • Sarevok: -6 AC
    • Mazzy: -7 AC
    • Jaheira: -10 AC (she still gets slaughtered)
    • Imoen: -4 AC
    • Aerie: -5 AC
    Anyway, after the fight I checked the number of kills per character and compared it to right before the fight. I know that I killed alot, but this really got my attention. :jawdrop:

• My character: 40
    • Sarevok: 45
    • Mazzy: 38
    • Jaheira: 24
    • Imoen: 25
    • Aerie: 30
    That's 202 kills in one battle!

Bhaal would be pleased! :evil:

2. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Oh yeah he would be veeeery happy :D

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

If one person weights, in average, about 65 kg, and that is multiplied with 202, you just butchered about 13,1 tons of meat. :eek:

4. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Very Impressive

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Hehe... I was playing solo there... my first time through.

A solo shapeshifter(rebalanced) with somewhere around 20AC and -10 THAC0. Even if he got hit once in a while he regenerated that damage in three seconds at most. And three hits took down one dwarf. One round one dwarf it went... i barely kept up with the masses.

And i too didnt know i had to advance forward :) What a slaughter.... its just too bad i didnt look at the kills. Must've been over 200 i bet.
    I still have my save though... just have to install ToB again to look at it.

The thing is...I could stay there infinitely... they just couldnt bring me down. So a record is meaningless IMO.

6. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Exactly. Hell, even Aerie can bash their skulls in when armed with Crom Faeyr and Stoneskin, and some other buffs.

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I don't even go that way though Sendai's enclave for exactly that reason. I go through the spider section instead. I know that I would be temped to hang around and just load up on experience. And you're absolutely right - character at that level shouldn't be able to touch you - you should be able to stay there indefinitely and just load up on the XP's. On the bright side, if you wanted to max level all of your characters, but the party AI on and come back in an hour...

8. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

It certainly stands respect of it, but it isn't that realistic is it?

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :angel: Somethimes I feel it is again appropiate to point out this is about a phantasy game ... :holy: ... That much for realism ... :angel:

10. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

What's so unrealistic about 6 godlike adventurers being able to kill 200 slaves? Hell, we all know how dark elves treat slaves; they're probably so weakened and malnourished that aerie alone with no crom should be able to hack through 50 before breaking a sweat.

11. TheBard Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

actually, I don't go that way because I play good characters, and I'd rather chew through her spiders than kill 100 basically innocent slaves.

but of course, I'm an idiot.

12. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I first went that way and I didn't know I was supposed to advance so I speant alot of time slaughtering Dwarves, and then Orogs it was fun for about the first 100.

13. Georgeas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Try attacking the monks(at gates) and the mercenaries(at tents) in Amkethran before going to the enclaves.For me this spawns unlimited(spawn if you kill the present ones) monks and mercenaries to kill.Now that´s a serious battle :)
    I don´t know if this works for you, but I killed them for an hour then left Amkethran :D

14. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

I once hung around with a solo F/M/T for a couple days in that tunnel, just to see how long it would last. I killed about 1,000 of the dwarves on "normal." It's pretty easy if you just stand around invisibly for a game day and let them accumulate. Then you can cast some major withering combos to clear the field a bit, followed by a set of summoned skeleton warriors that can hang around and slash the little buggers for 8 hours while you watch invisibly. After 1,000 or so they dried up and I started getting orogs.

Later I tried the same thing on the "insane" setting, and the dwarves never seemed to stop coming. It's a great way to stock up on free armor and weapons, assuming you need to outfit an entire army.

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I have a paladin. STR 16, DEX 14, CON 12, INT 16, WIS 17, CHA 18. Single Weapon Style. Late in ToB, level 23, and he's still wielding the Blade of Roses (currently on level 4 WK and already has liquid mercury prepared for Angurvadal). In average encounter he gets a thac0 of about -8 and 3 devastating attacks with double threat range. When he uses greater whirlwind (high-level ability), he kills two grown daemons before it wears off.

16. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I just don't understand why someone always comes in and claims that no realism is needed when it's a question of fantasy. I find it strange that people like that even bother to play these games as if their view is that it's either one alone, but not a combination of the two, then shouldn't they assume that there is no sound, gravity or light etc as well... afterall, they're all part of what's realistic right? No offense Ragusa, just that I've watched far too many (not referring to you) simple-minded people come in and think just saying that realism can't be involved in fantasy will win the debate over for them... effectively making them complete IQ 5 idiots in my eyes. So understandably my nerves are on the edge in this subject.

Indeed, in the established world of FR, it's extremely realistic that a group of seemingly demigod people could slaughter even thousands of mere slaves. In fact, the only thing that's *not* realistic is the incredible power of the opponents you find in ToB. There are not many humanoid challenges left for a character of level 20 or above in Faerún. Certainly not for an entire group of such characters. Yet both in BG2 and in ToB you encounter far too many common-race opponents carrying super-rare and powerful items (such as the soldiers in ToB) and being in themselves powerful enough to group and take down Elminster himself if they wanted to. And despite all this power, they seem to carry a meaningless importance in the world in whole. As someone said in another thread, Drizzt is F/T - 10-4 (I think it was). It's good to remember that a level 10 character is in reality an incredibly tough guy, lvl 20 is far beyond the normal maximum capability of any of the regular races, and something that the few who ever manage to get there, will be known for. Also those who do manage to get there, aren't there because they're dumb enough to run after someone who's slaughtered thousands of powerful enemies before them (now demihuman/-god/outer-planar/magical monsters / races are another thing entirely, of course, as their power is potentially far greater than yours still). But as Elminster said in one of the Shandril's Saga books, the only way someone with such power could survive would be to either hide forever, or to prove him/herself so powerful that no-one would dare attack them. Elminster had done the latter for himself, and I think we can assume so had you, as the offspring of Bhaal.

So the slaughter is quite realistic. The enemies' reaction (or lack of) to it, however, is not.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.