1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

American Chopper (OCC)

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Kitrax, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    [​IMG] Have any of you SPers ever seen 'American Chopper' on the Discovery Channel? The show is great! The "stars" of the show are the crew at Orange County Choppers of New York, and I must say, they are short tempered (especially Paul Sr.), funny, and skilled at their trade!

They make the kinds of bikes that sell for upwards of $100,000, and if you've ever seen the show, their custom - hand made choppers are unique.

During last night's episode, the OCC crew went to the New York State Police Academy to get some "inspiration" for their next bike... I couldn't stop laughing when Keith gets volunteered to take a face full of pepper spray from none other but Paul Jr!

All-in-all I think that the Discovery Channel has a winner on there hands, and should hold on to American Chopper for as many seasons as possible!

Your thoughts? :rolling:

2. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I think the show is too commercial. They probably make more money with merchandise than with motorbikes (did you know that they have their own videogame?). I sometimes get the feeling that the arguing is a little fake, and besides that, they could have added a little less American patriotism. The bikes are in my opinion a bit over the top, and with all sorts of trinkets everywhere, you loose the idea of a true chopper.

I’m not saying that I know a big deal about motorcycle engineering, but I’m not so sure about their skills as well. Paulie Jr. may be an excellent welder, but all he actually does is order a tank here, order some fenders there and a frame somewhere else, and adds a couple of screws and bolts.

Nevertheless, the show is sometimes rather amusing.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    OCC is ranked in the top 12 biker build shops in the USA/World...forgot which. So their skills are legit. And what's wrong with their display of American patriotism? :rolling:

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, it is something of a reality show so I wouldnt be surprised if they act out a little extra just for the cameras. That said I find it a rather interesting show and that is me who have no interest in motor things in general and especially not in silly stupid ugly bikes. If I see that it is on I tend to stop and watch.

5. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    I have seen a couple of episodes of this show, It's really funny indeed. But after a couple of episodes I got annoyed with Paul Sr. He makes a racket about every little thing that doensn't go the way he wants it to and I found that annoying.

I like there bikes though, especially the Widow-spider-cobweb bike.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.