1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Always something to say...

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Sydax, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I live in Argentina, where in every corner you will find some one protesting for almos anything you can think, my guess was that people don't want to work anymore (someday I'll explain this)
    The thing is, here, there are some places called cybers, where we have internet conection, several pcs, low price per hour, online gaming (most Diablo2, CounterStrike and Warcraft3 and some racing games). So, because some people don't have any better to do started to find the worst side of "kids - above 14- being in those places"... man, they complain if kids (less than 14) are in the streets asking for money or "working for the fat man", or sleeping in the streets, of course, never they do a thing to avoid this, anyway, now they want kids out of cybers, "they have no control, they act like in games" and so on...
    Is wrong for a kid to stay 1 or 2 or even 3 hours playing games instead of being begging in the streets?
    I would like that those people, instead of look for stupid quests, try to improve the way kids live this days, we have no playgrouds (to play any sport)so, where can they go or do?
    As I said, some people ain't have any better to do

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

A lot of countries have that problem. Not enough playgrounds for the youth is asking for trouble imo. I used to live in a city where in my neighbourhood alone were 4 amateur footballclubs situated. It was good for a healthy rivalry among the youngsters in that neighbourhood, every boy and/or girl was playing for one of those teams. Since i've moved to another city, i haven't been in my old neighbourhood for years, but when i got back there the other day, all 4 clubs were gone. Their grounds were now taken by huge appartment buildings and offices.

What's left for the local youth now ? All i saw is groups hanging on streetcorners here and there, but after a while the police comes and sends them away. We must really hate our kids.

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Youth culture always gets a short shrift. Here in Philadelphia a city park was closed to skaterboarders, and the city even turned down a nice financial offer from a shoe company to open it back up. Dumb, IMO. This park is featured in the Tony Hawk video game - it's renowned in the world of skating, apparently. I think the city is closing its eyes to a non-traditional source of development and revenue, and making a huge mistake.

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] That's okay RM, Philly will just raise city wage taxes again to cover any possible windfall from the park...Driving more businesses out of the city!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.