1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

All Systems Operational...

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Mar 27, 2002.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sorcerer)

Well, this is the proverbial it. Sorcerer's Place is back in all its glory. A lot has happened in the last few days so an explanation is in order.

Before we moved to this new server, while SP was being hosted on the PCGC server, that server went down for a whole week and all I could do was stand and watch hopelessly. I already had everything set up to move to a new server, but couldn't do it because until that old server got back online, I was unable to transfer the message boards to this server. Anyway, this has now been completed and everyone should be accessing this new server by now.

However, Sorcerer's Place is now completely on its own. I bought hosting on this server out of my own pocket, and it's currently costing me $140 a month. Since I have no real advertising on any pages yet (except this experimental pop-up on the front page, and the Amazon ads which don't pay anything for just loading them), I can't rely even on the small income ads would bring in. Currently everything short of placing pop-ups on all pages will not cover my expenses.

No, I will not put them on all pages, calm down. At best I'll set up a system that will open one for you every so many hours while you surf on SP. No pop-ups will appear on any pages of our message boards. Since all advertising you see on SP from now on will be mine, I implore you to let the pop-ups load fully (and then close them, you don't have to click on anything), because otherwise they don't pay anything. Same thing goes for imminent banner advertising - please click on the banners once I get them up!

Though even with all this, regular advertising these days pays way too little for me to be able to get just the server costs covered, let alone anything else. Some people to whom I'm eternally grateful have already donated via PayPal, but I hope that more of you will show your appreciation by donating a couple of bucks to help keep SP stay alive. Because, as I said, the advertising alone will not cover it, so I'm now primarily relying on donations.

The PayPal buttons are on the left side of all pages of SP, by the way. More info is available here.

I'll provide more options for people to help SP and more information here in the upcoming days. And again, thanks to all who have helped SP already.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.