1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

All pop-ups removed - and a call for donations

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Yep. All the pop-ups everywhere on SP have been removed today. The site, along with the boards, is now completely safe to visit (there have been frequent reports of infected pop-ups over the last few months). Major thanks go to BTA for coming up with a script which made this possible on such short notice.

Now, as you can imagine, getting rid of all pop-ups means a significant drop in SP's monthly income. I didn't want to bother with putting up new ones from a different provider (I'll probably do that when the new design goes up), so there is now a monthly deficit of around $60 in SP's budget.

So, if you can, please donate some cash to help cover SP's operating costs. This shouldn't be a permanent thing, because as I said, I'll try to look for more advertising options when I have the new design up, but for the near future, I'll need some help. Thanks in advance to all who are going to help.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks to the 2 people who have donated since yesterday. We have $40 at this point.

3. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] 3 people have now donated a total of $50. Would anyone else care to join them?

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Working on it. I'll be able to send something your way tomorrow if things go well.

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Give me a few days. Getting myself a credit card and need some place to give money to to build credit.

6. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks to 4 more people, we have another $90 to add to the SP fund!

Altogether, we have $140 now, which nearly covers the monthly hosting bill ($150). Thanks to all of you who donated - I just wish it wasn't the same people donating repeatedly. We have so many regulars here, but it's usually only a handful of the same people who contribute anything whenever SP is in need.

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yeah, I am sorry about that, but I am only 17 and don't have access nor funds to a credit-card.

8. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] As has been pointed out a dozen of times before, a credit card is not a requirement to donate. See the url in my first post.

9. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Another 20 Euro have been donated today, which brings the total to about $165. Thanks a bunch folks, this will cover a month of server hosting with a bit to spare. By then I'll probably have a decent new advertiser available.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Well done folks. Hope the effort can be maintained in the future (if required).

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Not to put words in Tal's mouth, but I think he meant that, while further donations aren't critical right now, they’re still important. ;)

[ March 05, 2004, 04:31: Message edited by: Splunge ]

12. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Exactly. Advertising has never brought in more than half of the money needed to cover the bills every month, so donations are still very important.

13. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hope it all worked out. :)

14. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

This might sound like an empty promise, but come september I hereby promise to make a huge donation once more. I would like to do it at this very moment, but my current situation doesn't allow it....

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, I suppose I could spare a little cash.

*Kit pulls out his wallet and finds nothing but dust and an I-Owe-You*

Hmmm...good thing for plastic. :rolling:

16. Taluntain

Media:
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.