1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

All NPCs Suck!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by shadow_thief, May 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow_thief Guest

its true. all NPCs suck. anomen is so...so unknightlike, nalia and aerie are unbearable, jaheiras a know-it-all, edwin too rich, yoshimo dies, valygar is dumb, minsc is SOOOOOO ANNNOYING!!!!!!! cernd sux shit, viconia is like ok but she talks too much and imoen is bland!!!!!

2. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

What about Korgan?

3. cotman68 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

one word:

JAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

I guess Shadow-theif dissapeared in the shadows as quick as he came.
    A shame. I wanted his opinion on Korgan.

To Cotman68:

Just keep Jan out of the frontzone and he is just as usefull as any thief. He is multiclass and that is great. Especially as he is advancing as a thief continuosly

5. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Jan kicks ass

6. Avooch Dar Guest

what do you mean they are all crap!!!!
    are you mad!!

Anomen is brill cos he has fighter skills.

Keldorn is a beefy tank with his dispell and true sight and especially with Carsomyer.

Nalia is a decent mage who has useless theif abilities but can still use a short bow which is a great advantage.

Aerie is a wonderful amputee who i personally adore as she has both the skills of a mage and a cleric. she has a quite high level of spellcast later in the game plus she can use a sheild of reflection to prevent spell disruption.

Cernd is a decent druid and is very powerful at the back of the group esp[ecially when he casts swarm.

Jan is one of the best characters in the game.he is a surprisingly good theif but has the added bonus of being good at spells!

Imoen is just cool and is almost the same as Nalia just better!

Haer'Dalis takes a lot of stick from people but i always have him in my party as he is quite good with the sword and his spells help in sticky situations.

Edwin is the only pure mage in the game and a very good one at that. he is a bit of a wimp but i like him really. Very powerful in the later part of the game.

Mazzy has a great short bow skil which is perfect for dealing with those nasty mages especially when equiped with poison arrows.

Valygar never ceases to surprise me and has actually got very good with the old katana blade equip him with the good old Celestial Fury and you have a man who can backstabb to death even the most powerful characters in the game.

Minsc! a personal friend of mine and i never even consider having him out of my group so if you don't like it Boo will badly nibble you nadgers! plus he is good with a longbow.

Korgan is just bloody hard to kill and very good at killing!

Viconia is a great cleric and i enjoy her comments immensly.

Yoshimo is a good trap seter and very useful agaist those horrible bosses like the cheif troll at the Keep.

Jaheira. Well she fucks you. nuff said.

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

When you look to your main char and then to the NPC's, they are indeed not as good as you are and that's one of the best things in the game. The realm isn't full off chararcters with superstats....

8. antoine Guest

if you do want a party with superstats just start a multi player game on your own. i haven't tried it yet with a entire party made by myself but i did made two characters myself and take 4 NPC's with me and it works just as good as any other party

[This message has been edited by antoine (edited May 20, 2001).]

9. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

shadow thief is a girl and she is my best friend... and idiot also... she'll be back... oh ya... she's never played legitly in her life... she always plays multiplayer with 6 female characters beefed up to the best that u can get...

i think that most of the npcs have enough points in their prime stat that they are all ok and they are funny with their dialog

[This message has been edited by Dudette (edited May 20, 2001).]

10. Lothar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I find Nobleman's comment to be highly amusing. If you note the times of the posts, he assumed that "I guess Shadow-theif dissapeared in the shadows as quick as he came." fewer than 25 minutes after her post. I think it rather ridiculous to believe that she should check her post every fifteen minutes or so. Ah well.

On the topic, I think that the NPCs not being as powerful, or having stats as good as the main character is a good thing, as it requires thought and anticipation when building a party instead of, 'Oh, well we have these 3 clerics, and they all have 18 wisdom, so I guess I'll take XXXXXXX because she starts with 10,000 more exp than YYYYYYY.' The way it is, you are forced to think, well Vic may have higher Wisdom, and thus better saving throws and more spell than Jaheira, but Jaheira has more HP and a better THAC0...

[This message has been edited by Lothar (edited May 20, 2001).]

11. shadow_thief Guest

ok...dudette, i no ur my best friend but i HAVE played legitly in my short life. the characters are too slow and too dumb period. i mean, i hate their talking especially edwin and nalia and aerie and jaheira and anomen. viconia i admit is good but not as good as my cleric, irene(u do good for a best friend both ways(for dudette). so, if u dont my just let me download shadowkeeper and thats all i need.

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm sorry shadow_thief :(
    I felt in love with Dudette a long time ago :)
    So I'll take her note as the truth. :p

13. kasio Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Avooch Dar, are you certain, Valygar can backstab? I beg you pardon, HE CANNOT!

[This message has been edited by kasio (edited May 21, 2001).]

14. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

They are good, except for a couple of guys.
    It's like Headbanger (?) said: They're not all superguys/-gals.

And BTW, you're a child of Bhaal and they aren't, except for Imoen. I mean, Sarevok and Irenicus are strong! Just imagine, a party with those guys.
    An evil thief, Sarevok as fighter and Irenicus as mage, you'll be invincible!
    Damn, if I would've just listened to Irenicus' offer... ;)

15. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

i only have pity for u.. the NPCS are like that coz they are playing their role.. why dont u play ur role too?

16. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

all npc's suck,
    why should he take a role? its his game

[This message has been edited by kevlar0101 (edited May 21, 2001).]

17. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If you still think that NPCs suck, then be my guest and create one who won't suck! :mad:

Of course they suck if you want to see Marvel Comics heroes in the party instead of them. But that means that probably your friends from real life suck too.

Yes, why should he take a role? Because this is ROLE playing game, that's why! This is not Doom nor Diablo nor Tetris :mad: :mad:

18. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

regarding my comment on Shadow_thief:
    That night/day/evening she wrote about 5-6 messages in a few minutes. All of them had no other objective than to defile BG2. So I felt a need to comment her behavior. silly me :rolleyes:

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited May 21, 2001).]

19. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Sounds like Shadow_thief needs to play IWD/HOW...and give up on Bg2

20. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] extremist: you have no reason to express anger here, we say our oppinions.

btw boy, shut yer jap about my friends, dont have to call them suckers just you dont have any.

[This message has been edited by kevlar0101 (edited May 21, 2001).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.