1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Addiction

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Captain Spud, Jun 2, 2001.

1. Captain Spud Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] is this board addicting? i am not exactly weak willed, i just get bored...alot. i find myself reading every topic that sounds interesting instead of taking my thief through the series...or finding ways to increase my crappy systems performance by disabling anything i can spare. does anyone else have this problem?

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm deadly serious in answering this. Please noone take offense, it's criticism against myself.

The Sorcerer's Place? Yes it is. Highly addictive. I really don't know what to do about it. I tried with girls, drinks, TV, cinema, mountains, sea, business trips - nothing helps, I keep coming here. I really need a shrink.

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] Yes, very addictive this is, I dont know really, now its not so bad, but thats only because I got in the chatroom, but still, yes, this is very addictive.

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited June 02, 2001).]

4. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Not to ruin this or anything but shouldnt this be in whatnots? And yes this is addicting

5. Captain Spud Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] i know but i just couldnt leave this forum. too much interesting stuff here.

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Surely, it wouldn't hurt just to leave the forum for just a minute or two?

And yes it is addictive!

7. Addictive as hell, they should have one of those 12 step programs for this...

8. Avooch Dar Guest

You'll just have to go cold turkey.
    An ilusion spell should do that for you (damn!)

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] By Mystra, what have I done?! I have created a monster!

P.S.

Bwahahahaha!!!

10. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

and so the evil sorcerer's plans for world domination are finally revealed - but is it too late for our brave band of adventurer?

Log on to the boards soon to find out....

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31

My i inquire to whom this merry band of adventurers may be?

*raises hands*
    Me! Me!

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Right!

I am addicted after all, but to let someone manipulate me...

I promise you Tal, and all others, as soon as Arcanum gets released I'll escape from here to terra-arcanum forums.

But that will be new addiction. Oh, no! :( ;)

13. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I could escape to my muds but this board has infected me with amnesia. Can't remember the names of my characters and don't feel like making new ones. Only one name i remember now, Tyresian, Tyresian...

14. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

If everyone is addicted, then noone would object, and a perfect rule of the world would be in order MUWAHHAHAHAHAh

ok, where's the shrink

15. Captain Spud Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] i feel like a pawn in a huge, sick, and evily twisted game...then again, am i not already?

16. I think I'm gonna have to get one of my buddies to cut my phonelines, board up all windows and doors in my house. Remove any sharp objects and leave me with a week or two supplies of food. That should probably do it.

Sickboy method in trainspotting.. :eek:

17. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I have been away two days, got a visitor. And Hey I haven't missed it a bit. Just back for a peek. But its not the same. I think this place slowly lures You into its grip. But some heavy influences from outside is shrink enough. I am cured. :D

The truth is out there.damn. wrong quote.

May the force be with You . arrrg. Again wrong.

Ok. Ok. I got it!..... nahhh. Sorry. false alarm. I aint got a quote from BG. Totally forgot the game. Hehe.

Its sommertime. Enjoy guys. I am off. . Slappy and Ex. Its been :cool:

I'll end this with my end from the first sentence from my first post on this Forum
    Catch You on a flipside.

18. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Of course I'm addicted!!! I have like 900 posts! WHooHoo!

19. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I just found something to peek my interest again.
    Mission impossible. Damn You Avooch :D hehe

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited June 04, 2001).]

20. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Hello, my name is Mathetais, and I'm a Sorcerer-a-holic. I haven't been sober since I registered.

I've even toyed with asking to be banned for a week just so my work can get caught up. My 9 to 5 is just so mind-numbingly-boring that this is an inescapable lure, and its always just a mouse click away.

Sometimes I feel like a rat in a cage that gets a little pleasure stimulus just by pushing a lever. I just go to the forum and everything is better . . .

I look forward to meeting you all face to face in the asylum, where we get pretty, clean white jackets that let us hug ourselves all day long :D :D :D :D :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.