1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A whole new life

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Wise The Grey, Jul 7, 2001.

1. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

How's everybody been? I haven't been around in a while, there's been a lot of changes around here, I see.

To the matter at hand...

I've just recently moved to Minnesota, and I'm staying with my brother and his family. He's a foreman for a bricklaying outfit, and he's been asking me to come up and work for him for a while now. So I threw caution to the wind and made the move. It's pretty hip. I only just met them this last November, so this is a great opportunity to get to know my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephews. I'm making good money now, and the work is going to have me nice and muscled up in no time.
    I no longer have my computer available to me, so no CRPG's. Their computer can't handle those games anyway (the almighty Pentium 133). That's a blessing and a curse because as much as I enjoy them, they took up too much of my time. I'm 21 years old now, it's time to be a man - not that I've given up on games, there just comes a time when responsibility has to take precedence.

Signing off for now,

The Wise, The Grey -- Axe wielding Mad Cleric.

Hmm, an axe wielding cleric. That would make a hell of an avatar, wouldn't it?

2. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Hey there Wise One! Nice to see you again. The move sounds great, I applaud your courage in "throwing caution to the wind." Have a great summer, and hopefully we'll see you again soon.

3. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

You'll be hearing from me, I'm already at my brother's place. Feeling kinda sore after two days of hard work, but it's a pain that brings personal satisfaction; so I'm diggin' it. Thanks Darien, it's kinda reassuring to know I've been missed. In return, I've missed you guys as well.

I'll be around. Talk to you later.

4. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Good luck with the new location and stuff. You'll be back, to the RPG's I mean. You will eventually find out that the little bit of escape from reality these games gave you was important to your sanity.

5. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

I think you'll enjoy Minnesota, other than it's cold most of the year. Welcome to my neck of the woods. It's sounds like work is treating you well. I'm glad you're happy. That's cool you're getting to know your sister-in-law and brother. It's always a fun, hard experience at first, but it's well worth it.

I was away for awhile, I moved out when I was eighteen because well I guess you could say my parents and I weren't exactly getting along persay. I had some time away and got to know myself without any outside influences and later decided to leave Texas and come back to Iowa for school.

I'm 20 now, I'm almost done with college, and my parents and I are finally back on speaking terms. It's still hard, but better.
    Heh, I feel like I'm on Sally Jesse Raphael.

6. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm, another day another dollar for most people, but change is good, so good luck.

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Dern responsibility. There should be some way to grow up and become a mature adult without having to take on any of that stuff.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.