1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

a chain of crazy buggy events tears away at my will (help please!)*spoiler warning*

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Broken_Wolf, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Broken_Wolf Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Seriously...

Ok so just after Shandra died, Ammon Jerro teleported the party to the Phoenix Tail in where Neeshka and Bishop (who were previously dual wielding) switched to their long bows and doubled teamed my Githyanki cleric effectively killing her. (though after a few reloads that behaviour stopped)

Right after that Bishop became unselectable, that is i cannot access his inventory or his character sheet. Which really sucks because Khelgar has become a weak little monk and Bishop is competently dual wielding a beautiful shortsword/longsword combo making him one of my better fighters. In the absence of the auto-updater i'm busy downloading 1.04 and hoping it'll make all the difference.

But for the sake of closure; has anybody experienced such insanity?

2. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Sound like you ran into a couple of common bugs.

First. The AI on the companions does that if one companion is I.E. charmed the others will attack that companion. I've heard that that can happen too if one companion happens to hurt the others with AoE spells, but I never experienced it.

Second. The problem with Bishop is probably a very infamous bug that happens when a familiar or animal companion is summoned. If you don't unsummon them when transitioning between areas, you risk they take a partymembers place in the party.

That bug is not patch related as it hasn't been fixed yet in any of the patches.

So the only options to fix that is to go back to an earlier save and unsummon the familiar/animal companion and preferrably edit any char's char sheet to Ability Usage Off on the Behavour tab.

If the earlier save is old, you can take the companions ROS file from that save and copy it ot the newest save. But you then have to use console codes to level that companion up and to give those items you equipped the companion with.

3. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I've encountered that bug for apparently no reason at all before, and short of keeping said party members occupied all the time, they seem to pick random characters to pick on. Occasionally I'd just be standing there and my party members would randomly attack one another, it sometimes resembled a bar brawl :lol:

Apologies for the overuse of the word "random"

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.