1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

2 questions

Discussion in 'Playground' started by rolanddes, Sep 14, 2004.

1. rolanddes Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

hi people. i am new here. i wanna ask 2 questions. first; is there any baldur's gate-like, isometric view, pausable (i mean you can command your characters even though game is paused) games that you know, other than icewind dale series, ruins of myth drannor, baldur's gate series, planescape torment, temple of elemantel evil? I know there are those neverwinter nights and morrowind but i do not like them. well this was my first one.second question: are there demos of icewind dale 2 and ruins of myth drannor? and if they exist where can i find them to download? thank you:)

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It will be hard to find an Icewind Dale 2 demo, but a Poolf of Radiance one is here: http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/PoR2/index_misc.php

There aren't many more such games and none of them are D&D. You can play the Fallout series if you haven't already. Or you could play Arcanum. Some people like it, I don't so much, and I don't know how to pause it. There should be such an option, other than automatic pausing when you open the menu, but I'm not sure. You can, however, fight in a turn-based system. In Fallout series, turn-based system is default.

If you like RTS'es as well, you could give a look to Black Moon Chronicles from Cryo. That game is all about getting XP and pausing. Every unit gets XP until level 20 and so do heroes, except some may have fixed and not growing stats, I don't remember. There is no harvesting resources, building bases etc, although you can train and upgrade units, and research spells in your castle. The game is great and should be very cheap if you can find it. The problem is, you may be unable to find it.

3. rolanddes Gems: 1/31

thank you! i like rts's with rpg elements in it. is do you know any place i can download arcanum?

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Or get an SPS account and download it from SP...

6. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

try looking up gorasul: the legacy of the dragon

7. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Fallout is highly recommended. Definitely one of the best RPG's to date, although it isn't real-time.

Edit: As for RTS w/ RPG elements, Warcraft is the way to go.

8. rolanddes Gems: 1/31

thank you guys. i once played gorasul. but it seemed so lame and did not give the taste of the other games like baldur or icewind dale series. i will try out fallout and arcanum now. and i heard that the same group of programmers made both game. thanks again..

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

a bit off-topic, but im afraid i've never played any of the fallout games. my question: should i try them out now? having experienced all the FR games thus far, will I be disappointed by the fallout games?

10. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well, I played all the FR games and then played Fallout, and frankly, I'm not sure I can ever go back. Oddly enough, the graphics are better than the BG series, and the combat is incredible.

Of course, the role-playing is really what the series is about. I suggest you give it a whirl, it is great, and it's only like 8 bucks at Amazon.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.