1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

2 New Smilies

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    (Thanks.) ;)

3. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well not that I have anything against either of the new smilies I'll have to say that I find both of them rather useless. We allready have a smily for coffee and the geezer one I find completely useless, except perhaps for Splunge. :p

Personally I would only want a :freezing: smily (which would be useful during wintertime) and then the collection would be pretty much complete, except perhaps for a decent :embarassed: smily.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Morgoroth, you are starting to act like an old :geezer: :geezer: So there... :hahaerr: :rolling:

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The geezer one's been requested several times, and since I found a really good one, it didn't hurt to add it. And this new coffee one is more appropriate for certain situations than the other one, so it's not useless to have two.

If you find any good freezing and hot smilies, let me know... I don't think I've ever seen any.

6. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

[​IMG] Ara has :coffee:
    DHB has :coffee2:
    Chev has :pope:
    Splunge has :geezer:
    Nakia has :hippy:
    Sorvo has :beer:
    Big B has :tie:
    Kitrax has :rolling:

I want a pizza eating smilie Tal! Yeah and I think we requested an embarrassed smilie sometime back. Still, nice to see more smilies -thumb-
    .... walks away muttering about stupid 8 smilie limit.

7. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Too much :coffee2: will make you a :geezer: .

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *snicker*

Love them :D

9. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I like :coffee2: , nice additions! but for me my top three are still...

:bang:

:nuts:

..and who can forget this little guy...

:banana:

10. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm not a big fan of all the animated smileys, guess that makes me an old :geezer: , but I think :coffee2: will be appreciated in random babbling.

11. Taluntain

Media:
    What's wrong with the current embarrased smiley? :o

12. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

[​IMG] Well quite frankly to me it looks like someone who is yawning and finds the subject boring or is tired. It does not look a bit like someone who would be embarassed. The message icon I use in this post now is more like someone who is embarassed and would be excellent as a embarassed smily in my opinion.

13. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

The current :o ,for some reason, reminds me of someone sitting on the potty. :lol:

I really like the 2 new ones -- my favorite though is still :bang: , with :aaa: , :banana: and :D close seconds. :D

14. Taluntain

Media:
    It looks just fine to me... I don't know what's up with you people. :shake:

I can't use the posting icon as a smiley too, those two groups as separate. And besides, when was the last time someone used an embrassed smiley inside a post anyway? I've looked around and I couldn't find any other embarrased smileys that would match the style of those we already have (or be much better than the one used currently), so I guess you'll have to make do with what we have.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

:geezer: rules!!

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Damn straight! :thumb: :rolling:

17. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I think that the main reason that nobody uses the current embarassed smilie is because we don't want people to think were on on the can. :D

18. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Super excellent! With age comes wisdom... :geezer:

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    *ahem*

"Geezer" applies more to how you behave, rather than actual age.

For example, I am "fun-loving".

chev, on the other hand, is a geezer.

:p

Oh, and the "embarrassed" smiley is definitely very sucky - it reminds me of an Xmas tree angel singing in a choir, and whose collar is too tight.

Well, not very recently, because IT'S A CRAPPY SMILEY!!! :p :p

20. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

So, to go along with :geezer: , you're suggesting a *smiling* greybeard called :splunge:?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.