1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

1st time soloing a totemic druid dual

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Scythe, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Scythe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Trying to solo a totemic druid dualled to fighter after getting to 3,000,001 exp. Don't know if anyone else has tried this one.

Remarkably rewarding and easy (if that is not a contradiction).

Summons unbelieveable at low levels and then takes no time to catch up your Fighter levels because the druid takes that silly 1.5M exp to get 1 level (but what a level!)

Just got my druid levels back. At present I am preferring it to my R/C multi experience. At the end of the day most of the really good R/C spells are druid ones anyway:) (Shame about animate dead!) and you get to dual weild with belm... always a fav for me.

If anyone else has tried this what did they think?

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Man. How long must it take to get the Druid levels back? It's taken me the whole game to get 3m XP. Surely you must spend most of the game as a single class if you dual that late?

3. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Wel Harbourboy he IS going solo so all the XP's are his all his! and he regains his druid powers if he reaches a higher LEVEL not when he gains more XP's. To become a level 16 figher you need about 2000000 XP, which is fairly much, but easily reached in a solo game. Well it is an option I have yet to try, but I think I'll do it. Somehow I always prefer warrior classes over magic users.

4. Scythe Gems: 5/31

3M solo when you do the side quests is nothing HB.

You skipped loads of experience by role playing. Solo you tend to powergame. Dual class in TOB is usually a dreadfully lond wait. This combo is nowhere near as bad as Wiz Slay/Thief combo I didi.

5. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Just out of interest how far through TOB are you to get the extra 2mil xp, or did you just remove the XP cap in SOA?

6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

I wouldn't call 3 million xp "nothing".
    A total of 5 million xp effectively spent as single class makes the project kind of iffy IMO. It's an interesting idea though and a fighter should be able to take caer of himself even when he has to start over at level 1.

7. Scythe Gems: 5/31

Firstly multi is generally far more pleasurable than dual in TOB. But I've done most of them to death so have started with some of the more exotic dual (with kit combos) my prev project was wiz slayer/theif.

With this one, the 3 mill as a druid was ok cos you just pretend you are soloing a druid. And those summons are great... until you get nymphs...then fire elems... and then natures beauty. I cleared out most of the mage related quests as a high level druid cos they are relatively simple.

The usual pain with duals is the start of the 2nd class. This was one of the least tedious I've done. There are no scrolls or traps to help you over the early levels but that is often over emphasised. Because my second class was a fighter it was easy (with potions) to carry on tanking to get exp in a relatively sane way.

I'd already got great armour, boots of speed, helm of valinor, belm and black blood, so 2 chars dual weilding with 4 attacks per round came fairly early on after the switch over.

Normally I've dualled to other classes which really do struggle for what seems like ages. This one didn't and when the spells came back it was really fun. (Very few HLA's- 1've only 1 and I'm on 5M exp total - but then again druid HLA's are not that great!)

8. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I know one can dual a Fighter into a Druid, but I thought it couldn't be done the other way round, have you tested it?

Edit: Ooops, well I apologise, you can do that (though I wouldn't dual a spellcasting class into a fighting one) still it looks like it is a long and laborious process (to say the least) I must confess I'm not really fond of "pure" fighters (beginning the game with a Fighter class is great because it avoids the tedium of the more mundane hack and slash)

[ February 05, 2005, 17:57: Message edited by: Caradhras ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.