1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

1st time round

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by miniwoo, Apr 29, 2001.

1. miniwoo Guest

Surely all you people with -15 AC a THACO of -6million or something and dual wielding crom and c'fury didn't get so powerful on your first go through BG2.

I started with a mc fighter thief and just scraped thru the game, the best weapon i had being warblade.

2nd time through i killed firkraag 2nd try, i've got valygar wielding katana +2 and c'fury, me weilding dragon shield and sword, and keldorn with carsomyr - but i only got this by learning from my mistakes the 1st time round.

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't know what you wanted to say here.

Of course you can't get everything when playing games full of different storylines for the first time. I.e. You can kill silver dragon, or don't - thing is connected to finishing human skin armor.

So, you start the game again just to see what happens in cases you missed first time. Of course, you'll paly it again if the game is interesting like BG2.

Anyway, I used Wand of Wonders to kill Firkraag (petrification) first time I played, so I missed that bloody sword. So what? I finished it without the sword.

3. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

When I played first time, I went trough the game wielding a katana +2. Only in chapter six did I accidently stumple upon C-fury.

The first time I used crom was in my second game after reading tons of posts about it.

4. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I only have time to play these games once. I just don't have the rime to commit to playing them repeatedly, so the first time through is usualy it for me, IWD being the exception, but I only finished it once. In BG2, I'm a Ranger/Cleric with AC at -10, THACO unknown right now. I think I have every good mace and flail in the game, and most of the good swords, but when I dismissed Yoshimo, he took off with C Fury (I'll kill him in the CC for it later I think). I don't know what I've missed if anything in the game so far (I'm just entering Spellhold) but I think that is about to change as more variables start popping up.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.