1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

15 Best Videogame Stories Ever

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by Cap'n CJ, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]Gamesradar have posted a list of the 15 best game storylines of all time. No doubt there'll be a few arguments on the topic, but isn't that always the way with these lists? Here's a quick taster of their opinions:

Planescape: Torment

The Story:
    Planescape: Torment is the story of the Nameless One, who wakes up on an embalming table with no memories and stripped of possessions. You'll discover that you have been living for thousands of years, and each time you die you wake up healed but with complete amnesia. Rather than being a typical dashing young hero, your body is covered in tattoos and scars - many that should have been fatal - that have been accumulated over many lifetimes.

Through deranged clues left behind by your previous incarnations you'll figure out that in your first life you committed an act of such unforgivable evil that true death would doom you to an eternity fighting the Blood War. Eventually, in the climactic end of the game, you battle your own mortality.

The full list is over at Gamesradar, but feel free to discuss, as well as complain, right here!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Big Rigs gets overlooked yet again. :almostmad:

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I don't agree with KotOR having a "great story". It was a good story, no more. The whole business with "your choices have consequences" is BS - there is one single choice in the game that matters. The "twist" was something I started suspecting while still on Taris and I was pretty sure this is where the game was headed before even recovering the first Star map, so I wouldn't call it the best or most unexpected. If they're going to reward games with a twist to their story, Arcanum or even the old Dragonsphere would have been much better candidates (both games have awesome stories)

And while I think Longest Journey is a great game with a very good story, I wouldn't consider its story to be among the "best ever".

However I'm really having trouble understanding what Grand Theft Auto is doing there.

4. ion Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Fallout had a better story than fallout 2
    Kotor 2 had a better story than kotor

and i agree, arcanum's story was just brillant
    final fantasy VII should also be on the list

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

TBH, I liked the story of KOTOR II more than that of part one. The first one was good, and I liked the Revan twist, but the story of TSL (The Sith Lords) was imo deeper, darker, and much more engrossing.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.