1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

10 More Days Until the End of Saddam

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Blackhawk, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Well, its just 10 more days until the end of the Iraqi regime. Hip Hip Hooray! :)

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Although I think this topic should be in the Alley of Dangerous Angles...All I can say is:

Hoooooooraaaaay! :rolling:

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

This can't be good. Saddam has done much to modernize Iraq, and many of his people support him; the last election was in 97% support of him. And now Bush decides that Saddam just has to go down because he has one or two warheads. Yeah, right. If we trust America with all those weapons, surely we can trust the Iraqi dictator with one. Besides, the U.S. has no right to care about the rest of the world, or try to interfere with other nations.

I'm sure going to miss Saddam...

[ March 09, 2003, 04:18: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Maybe.

Maybe just the start of the end. Maybe the start of a whole other struggle.

I have to say, I do sweat being called up; a little bit.

5. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31

[​IMG]
    Of course he received a huge percentage in the election - he was the only candidate! :eek:

In the United States, the whole Iraqi election was treated as almost a parody of democracy. Its bad enough that he calls himself a "President"; even worse that he holds a symbolic election.

The percentage even seems a tad low. The Iraqi government controls the press as well as every other institution of free thought and belief. Its not amazing that he would be able to propagandize with great efficiency. Then again, the Iraqi people have never had democracy and may be completely ignorant of what it is. A pity.

Fortunately, they will soon be freed - even if at first they don't realize what it means.

Second, Americans do not like the idea of Saddam having nuclear weapons because he is a dictator. Dictators rule for themselves not their people. If it is in his best interest to use a nuclear bomb - he will. He killed civilians before - the kurds - when it suited him.

Americans believe that his government is far to primitive to have such power.

[ March 09, 2003, 06:30: Message edited by: Blackhawk ]

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    /me hugs Blackhawk

Are you insane!?!? I think you should move to Iraq if you truely believe that. :rolling:

7. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

In my opinion, those conflicts will never end.

8. Pyro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

9. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    LOL.. yeah sure

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Those of the Allied Mára Níra Dictatorships wou8ld probably welcome Saddam....

But inside jokes aside, I don't think this is good. Bush is too damn stupid to do anything right in this matter... he'll screw up the war.

(Being annoying)

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  12. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Boys and girls, I was being sarcastic! If you read the "Is Saddam Serious With This?" post, I think you'll find much on my opinion on Saddam.

I doubt Bush will screw up the war. The U.S. military is powerful. Iraq military morale is fairly low (except for the Republican Guard). The war will be decisive, like Desert Storm.

I agree that the U.S. should definitely be, uh, gentler, as Pyro pointed out. But at least Bush isn't doing bad things to his own people.

13. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Wow

I'm all broken up over the two guys dying under US supervision. I can't believe that some of these guys in GITMO are being ruffed up. I just figured they were there getting 3 hot meals a day and soaking up the sun.

Have any of y'all seen the Daniel Pearl video? I can guarantee the prisoners at camp X ray are being treated better than that poor guy.

14. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] Its a pity that the Pearl murder video wasn't shown on U.S. Television. Not one of the networks had the courage to show what a terrorist truely is.

[ March 10, 2003, 04:39: Message edited by: Blackhawk ]

15. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

blackhawk, i agree with you 100%. the daniel pearl video shows just how little respect for human rights the muslim community has.

16. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] Whoa! Don't go that far. :eek:

The whole problem with Al Qaeda and the rest of the fundamentalists should not be used to condemn the Muslim faith. Practically all Muslims - like members of other faiths - are good and noble people.

Like the chaos in the Middle East, Europe went through a similar era - the Renaissance. During this period, the rights of the individual began to raise above the rights of the state. The freedom of speech, the freedom of/from religion, etc... were new concepts for Europeans.

The Middle East is going through its respective Renaissance. On one side, you have the traditional-thinking conservatives and the new-thinking liberals. Unlike the battles you see in the western world - where the liberal/conservative difference is over a set of minutia, in the Middle East the gap is profound. Democracy and individuism are not concepts that are supported by the "old guard".

17. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I can't find verification, but supposedly over the weekend a group of 6 or so Iraqi soldiers supposedly crossed the Kuwaiti border with white flags held high. They tried to surrender to some British troops, but the Brits told them that they couldn't surrender as there was no conflict. Sent them back to the Iraqi trenches.

I actually hope this one isn't true, because if it is there are now 6 Iraqi soldier who are probably dead because they didn't want to fight for Saddam. No way Saddam can let something like that pass.

[ March 10, 2003, 19:35: Message edited by: Darkwolf ]

18. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] Darkwolf - I really hope that isn't true.

19. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

It's true. Just heard it on the radio.

No worries, though. They'll just hide out and surrender later.

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    The American government denied that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.