1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Exhaustion Spell?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Jim Babwe, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Jim Babwe Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I am playing a multiplayer game currently and on two occasions, battling the shadow dragon and the elemental lich, my entire party gets tired at the same time and start complaing about rest during the battle. This never happened during my single player game. Is there a spell that causes everyone to tire, or is this a result of all my characters having very close constitution scores? -JB

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Did you rest before these battles? Or was there a chance that over 24 hours had passed when you were fighting these battles, and you didn't realize it at the time (it's easy to loose track of time.) I know when dragons wing buffet you get the fatigued/unconscious symbol. Is your game patched?

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Mass haste spell should cause fatigue when it wears off, but I'm not sure if this was implemented in BG2, since I never used this spell...

4. Jim Babwe Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My party was hasted during both battles, but when I played solo and hasted my party, they didn't get tired at the same time when it wore off. I definitely rested right before battling the Shadow Dragon, and then had to rest again right afterward to shut everyone up. Since my whole party has Constitution between 17 and 19, I guess that has something to do with it. And no, my game is not patched as I have not had many problems to date.

5. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hehe. You just had one. ;)

The problems I can think of are thus-

-You hasted your party (haste is kinda an aera effect spell)
    -The Dragon Bumped you
    -The Lich casted Sleep on you (doubt it though)
    -Time Stop? (does it has an effect?)

6. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Another possibility:
    Travelling to the Temple Ruins takes time too (20 hours or so... can't remember). But if you said you rested before the battle, I guess it is irrelevant.

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

It should have. Are you sure everyone was hasted and you were using regular haste, not improved haste?

8. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I've noticed that when I use haste, it doesn't tend to exhaust my party after the first casting, but does after the second. I haven't made any detailed studies of this, but it usually seems to be the case.

9. Juggalo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

That happened with me. The first time my party didn't get tired, but the second it did. Unlike Icewind dale which after the first casting your all knackered!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.