1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

It does WHAT in Spellhold?!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Drathir Darthirii, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    I don't know if it actually is a spoiler or not, but better to be safe than sorry, eh? :)

Anywho, why does that random tunnel in spellhold crush you when you walk through it? It's really random. First time I did it, Aerie got sqwished. Why does it do that?

2. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

It only squishes your characters, nothing more. Just a very nasty trap for those who wish to take a shortcut :p

3. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31

Okay, thanks.

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

And can it be disarmed? I think I remember that Immy found the large trap, tried to disarm it but get chunked into tiny pieces. :wail: Powerword:Load! (thanks gods)

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

No, it can't be disarmed. Yes, I've tried with all the thievish NPCs+potions and a PC thief+potions. I like using it to squish NPCs.

6. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Just summon an animal and let it go first.

7. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31

Or send your least favourite NPC to get killed...Korgan springs to mind, heh. :)

Doesn't it get activated three times? Three of my characters got killed last time I tried it.

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Once I squished Kelsey :evil: It was so delightful that I saved my game and continued my game (just little play with SK to make a sorcerer out of Immy :grin: )

9. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

It has two triggers. One at each end. but it will kill anybody who is even remotely two close. As an odd twist Summoning things with my Mage and sending them in to die killed my main PC the last time through. i think it was a bit of a glitch.

Just cast fear on the Yaun-Ti at the upper end though and herd a couple down that way and they will set off both of them for you.

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

It activates once, unless there's a bug in the game. But, it will crush anyone in it.

11. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Why doesn't anyone suggest the simplest solution: just go around it. :p Even I figured out that solution during my first encounter with said trap.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

By all means, go around it

...after you squish someone. :evil:

13. starwalker Gems: 16/31

@Rastor It activates twice. But there is good chance a stupid Yaun-ti will step on the northern trigger. If you use detect traps when they haven't you will find one trigger at the north end of it. Another at the south end of it.

And sadly it's so big that for your thief to get close enough to disarm it they set it off. ~sigh~

14. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Yeah, that's what I meant.

15. Succubus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Generally I just avoid that trap on basic principal, and go around the long way [heh, a bag of holding and a whole heap of other junk aint worth getting squished for. ;) ] Though, after dispatching the Yuanti [or leading them into the trap, which I never tried. Though that sounds like fun :evil: ] Haste or Boots of Speed might get you through... at least, that was the tactic I used in the first game. :heh:

16. starwalker Gems: 16/31

just cast fear on them. sometimes they don't co-operate but often enough they do run down there and get squished.

17. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

or chaos/confusion ;)

18. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I don't know why people bother themselves with disarming that trap :confused: Just walk around it :p

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Well Immy tried...and got squished....badly....re-loaded and never tried it again...never.

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    IIRC, the trap resets itself almost instantly. I sent my wizzard's eye into it and as soon as it got squish, I tried running through it, and still got squished! :bang:

Good thing it's not far to go around it. :thumb:

I still think there should be a cutscene that resembles the Army of Darkness scene where the speked walls are comming together... :lol: :shake: :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.