1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Vampire attacks during the nights

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Mercutio, Oct 13, 2000.

1. Mercutio Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I dealt with the first attack of this vampire clan fairly well, but the second one (the one where I got attacked by this dunno what girl and the two vampires)is just impossible to mangae since my chars got only +2 weapons, which are ineffective against the girl and on the other hand cant wield any magic because of the cowled wizards... HELP!!!

2. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] travel by day. thats what i did.

3. Mercutio Gems: 2/31

well, thats not quite the idea I thought of ;) but thx Hoped someone could tell me where to get a +3 weapon in order to get rid of these thugs or something *g*

4. Armin Gems: 2/31

Umm, you shouldn't need any +3 weapons to hit a vampire, any magical weapon should do. The Lady most likely simply has some magical protection like stoneskin or mantle wich will wear of or can be dispelled.

As to spells, a license to cast magic on the streets comes at a very moderate 5000gp bribe, to be delivered to the cowled wizard at the government building...

And: it's only magic user spells that seem to bring the CW into play, my clerics, even before I got my "licence", could cast all they wanted. False dawn, Holy Smite and the like are pretty damn great against vampires... ;)

5. Mercutio Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] hehe, thx for the hints, worked pretty well ;)!!

6. DailyRich Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Use of magical items and potions also seems to be okay -- it's just spellcasters they have a beef with. And something to be careful about -- I kept getting jumped by the Cowled Wizards during my fight with the fallen paladins and couldn't figure out why. I wasn't casting any spells and neither were the opponents. Then I stopped and looked and saw that Keldorn was somehow casting Fire Shields on the guy he was fighting. Now I didn't even know he HAD this ability -- I didn't see it listed and I didn't see it on any of his equipment. Anyway, I just turned his AI script to none and that took care of it, but it sure was frustrating at first.

7. Mercutio Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] I had exactly the same problems with keldorn in my party; after a REAL long time I figuered out that this happens due to his sword; it deals out 5 poitns of magical damage whenever keldorn gets hit; just unequip it ;)

8. DailyRich Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Merc, don't think it was the sword, since I kept using it once I turned his script off and had no problems.

9. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It's one of his items. Read their descriptions. It says something like "He is so favored by his god that the deity harms those who harm him"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.