1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gods! What a pompus ass!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Shrikant, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

[​IMG] I decided to make a female PC this time around and took Anomen as he is the original male romance charecter.

WTF!?!
    Who the hell wrote this guy's lines :rolleyes: Only a 3Int 1Char female Ogre would settle for this airhead.
    "...it fills me with no small amount of wonder that you have not asked me of my journeys ere we met? ..."
    That guy in the Copper Coronet has better pick-up lines. :shake:

BlackIsle really did a disservice by creating this jerk.
    By Helm & Torm & Tempus! Somebody strike him down :lol:

2. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

BTW, how many more NPC can a female PC romance with all the mods counting? I know of Solaufein, Edwin and Valygar... who else?

3. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

He's great at being an a$$ isn't he? :) Don't know about all the mods but right now I have the Chloe mod installed and she's romancible, as is Imoen in another mod.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Black Isle didn't create anything in BG2, it was developed by BioWare and only produced by Black Isle on the part of Interplay.

Well, they made a great pompous jerk, the iconic jock type that women adore but more eloquent and skilled in constant talking about nothing so that they would adore him even more. ;)

And, trust me, not only 3NT 1CHA half-orc females go for him. :shake:

5. Shrikant

Add Kelsey to that list. You even get a nice optional kick anomen onto his butt cutscene with it.

I didn't know of Edwin or Valygar romance mods.

I have Chole in this game too. She is a saving grace. Put him down real fast. Not that he seems to be able to grasp the gist of her words.
    She is sort of annoying too.

6. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

There's Tsujatha as well. A neutral evil elf Necromancer. He only romances females of good alignment. As a mod, it's alright. Not as much fun as Kelsey, but still decent.

7. Wil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Even if Anomen had 19 in all stats, a lot of people wouldn't take him. Not me.

8. Minh So Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I tell him to shut up everytime I play felmale charactor :D

9. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31

Maybe he is more fun is hes chaotic neutral? Correct me if I am wrong but he would surely be less pompous.

I had tried out that annoying bastard once and all I can say is "never again!"

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Had him in my party the first time I played the game. He stayed there for about 5 minutes, before I decided I will never take him in again. Even his "click" comments are annoying. I really pity the people who put up with the entire romance...

:yot: An EDWIN romance? This must be interesting.

Hum... I wonder if anyone's come up with an Edwina romance :lol:

11. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Think it this way:

If there weren't bad characters there couldn't be good ones either, so by having Anomen you appreciate the lines of others more than without him. :D

12. chevalier

Media:
    Sometimes I tend to think the whole idea was begotten in the minds of two alcohol-influenced designers sharing bitter tales of women over a couple of beers or something stronger and making a wager. Let's make an ass and they will love him. You'll see! You can take my Glenn Miller plate collection if I'm wrong. :shake: :lol:

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    @Wirhe: Yes, but did they need to make them THAT bad? :)

@Chev: I think I can guess who won the wager :D

This gives me an idea for a mod, where you get the option "slap Anomen" as one of the dialog choices every time he says something stupid. Which will probably be every other line :lol:

14. Shrikant

:lol: No Ziad.
    It would be at every line. :shake:

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Yes, sadly I have seen many females fall for that sort of person as well.

Although I have never played through the Anomen romance, I am told that he does get some pretty good, sensitive lines if you stick with it long enough.

16. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

My nickname for Anomen is "Annoy-me" :D

Kind of true. I found him less annoying after some time (or I had become Immune to it)

17. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Immune to Anomen Annoyment: takes at least 12th level of Baldur's Gate II player.
    Congrats :)

18. chevalier

Media:
    Just cast Protection from Gluttural Personality.

19. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I find annoying as well, but when you get him the right stuff he gets pretty strong, so sometimes I take him and just tell him to shut up every time he speaks ;)

20. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

As has been pointed out, "Anomen Delryn" is an anagram for "Noname Nerdly." In some respects, at least, he was written as an offhand joke...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.