1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Getting the druid stronghold

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Elverath, Nov 14, 2000.

1. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] my avenger is level 13, just ONE level away from getting the best clerical spells and my druid grove! but i have to get 700,000 EXPEREIENCE!!! i have done almost all the quests for chapter 2. i was thinking about doing the firkraag quest in windspear hills but everybody who does that seems to be very high level. my party is only 10-13. i want to get my druid grove and level 7 spell before i go rescue imoen. but i dont think thats possible. spoil me pleez!

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Bah. Windspear Hills is a walk in the park. I went through there at 10th level.

Syl...

3. The Wretched Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG]
    Exactly what kindof spoils are you looking for? You want hidden quests, or something? This is impossible, since no one knows what quests you have done.

If you haven't killed Firkraag, give it a shot. You can also try killing the Shadow Dragon. There's the Guarded Compound battle in the Temple District, and the Illithids in the sewers.

If you're worried about not being level 14 before going after Imoen... why? Do you really want to max out so early in the game?

4. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Whats wrong with maxing out early, just another excuse to whip off that cap and become godlike.

5. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

because im thinking that if i go and get imoen now, the game will be over before i get to enjoy my stronghold.

6. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Is it just me or... Do they seem to cap the exp for a reason? i think a 3rd sequal would kill the series. yet they left the story wide open for that to happen, and it seems to me that the only reason you would cap the exp is you are planning to make another to start off from there. The people that want to become godlike for the end are just gunna uncap the exp cap, so why bother if your not planning something?

7. Azarial Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I am under the impression that strongholds are not all that impressive, although i have never had a druid stronghold.

8. Lukki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

BG3 will be against Bhaal maybe...

9. Sorl Guest

Baals dead! remember!
    But maybe the let you munch Grub for a warmup. :D

10. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, the extra experience really does help in the Underdark(that can be really rough). But just because you go and rescue Imoen doesn't mean the game will be over too early. You can do almost all the side quests in chapter 6 that you left behind in chap 5. Plus while you are in chap 4 and 5, I don't think stronghold plotlines advance. So even if you get the stronghold before moving to chap 4, everything you need to do to advance the plot of the hold that you leave undone in chap 2 will still have to be done on the same tediously slow timetable in chap 6. And if you actually want Imoen in your party, better get her early. She has only 400,000 exp and the difference may be a lot to make up with a high level party.

But if you really want to get that next level, there is a lot of exp available in chapter 3. And I still believe that you can go back and get your stronghold before you actually board the ship to spellhold after defeating Bhodi(or Aran Linval). Also, Firkrag is definately doable with a level 10-13 party. And after that you can do the illithid sewer battle if you are still itching for more exp.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.