1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

i am good

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Late-Night Thinker, May 29, 2003.

1. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Beat Lonk, Johny Evil, Yoshi and his crew on my first attempt today with no deaths. First time I ever did that! That run of killers always gave me trouble.

My group was...
    Jaheira (for the future sex)
    Minsc (to involve his hampster in previous parenthesed statement)
    Anomen (to tell me how evil I am for the whole disappearing hamster thing)
    Imoem (she's my sister...that's sick to even think about guys and i resent the implication)
    Mazzy (she's just so stalwart)

and me, the Elven Enchanter (leave your fireballs at the tower)

ahhh yes...play this game for a couple years straight and you to can be this skilled as well

2. spoogemonkey Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] try to keep your self-stroking to yourself... in private.... and VERY "late-night"...

3. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I think that everyone that plays the game has accomplished that.

Seeing how you don't have to fight Lonk, the crazy mages do the most damage to Irenicus and the murders are pretty simple.

[ May 30, 2003, 09:07: Message edited by: Benanthalin ]

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Last 3 times I've been there Irenicus has gained a new respect for life within the first 3 rounds into the battle. But, it's good that you can boost your ego through a game. I'd be honestly envious of such a skill. Still, why don't you keep your incredible (see the pun?) eploits to yourself until you've tried beating the Improved [snip] on your first run without dying. That's something I've yet to do.

[ToB monster removed.] -Tal

Edit: Doh, I did it again. My apologies.

[ May 30, 2003, 15:09: Message edited by: Foradasthar ]

5. Benan Gems: 20/31

Or Firkagg and Kangaxx.

[ May 30, 2003, 12:26: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

6. archinos Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I guess it kind of makes a difference what difficulty level you use, but even on the highest setting most of unmodded SOA is pretty easy. And believe it or not I actually did beat the improved demogorgon on the first time through once, although I had fought him in previous times through the game. Not to mention I only played with core rules. It was actually a combination of luck, conservative tactics, and just flat out refusing to die.

I always had alot more trouble with the improved Abazigail. Fighting two dragons and three baby dragons, one of which is both far more physically powerful than any SOA dragons, and can cast spells up to ninth level is not an easy task.

7. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Haha, i like you man!! Continue the self-stroking :)
    And please write more stuff like that, it's great ;)

8. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well...it was my first time accomplishing that.

And about boosting your ego through a game...dude, step back a bit and examine this game. BG2 is entirely based on inflating the ego of its player. From the begining where you are told you are the son of a god to the end where you have super-human powers.

If the game started off by saying your a paperboy and then at the end of the game you owned your own cubicle with your very own version of minesweeper, then it wouldn't inflate egos. But no one would play then.

The entire enjoyment of the fantasy genre is based on the inflation of its player's ego.

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yeah you are Good AND Modest...LOL...

I'm not the one to Brag but I've kill Frikraag without Having a single dammage done to me!...

10. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well even I managed that every time :p

If it is your first time doing it then congrats :)

11. Benan Gems: 20/31

12. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Honstly dudes, it´s been a couple of years now since release. My guess is that everything that can be done has been acomplished so there´s really no need to brag about anything. Kangaxx is actually the only thing that can be tricky in a fair fight even after these years.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I didn't think the game was built on your ego.

14. ppz Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Come on people, we all might be enjoying the game for slightly different reasons, but still the main point is to enjoy it (i hope). If he's done something in the game that made him happy why the hell can't he say that here???

15. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

What's so special in beating Kangaxx, Firkraag, or Irenicus without trouble? :confused:

16. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I dislike the second to last fight with Irenicus. He always manages to kill either my mage or my cleric. I have never been able to beat him without 1 person dieing. He is the only guy that has done that to me. :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.