1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who's in YOUR party? (poll)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ominix2, Oct 8, 2000.

1. Ominix2 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Well, I'm using my guy, Dwarven Battlerager, Minsc, Aerie, Mazzy, Keldorn, and Yoshi. If I have to do an NPC quest. I ditch the person I figure I won't use during that quest, usually Yoshimo. When I can get Imoen, I will be permenantly ridding Yoshimo from my group.

2. Gotrek45 Gems: 2/31

Right now I have Gabriel (me-cavalier), Jaheira, Minsc (dropping for Keldorn), and Anomen. I'm gonna grab Mazzy back from Trademeet when I help out with in the Druid quest and I'll have Jan back after I save Jaella's life (but I'll be dropping him for Imoen when I get her back).

3. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

My current party:

Grub Half-Orc Barbarian (ME!)
    Korgan, Dwarven Berserker
    Minsc, Human Ranger
    Valygar, Human Stalker
    Aerie, Winged-Elf Cleric/Mage

Nalia was just arrested and Jaheira is waiting at the Harper HQ for me. I figured it's about time I get back to Korgan's Quest and help him out, then go find Jaheira and then get Nalia back.

Syl...

4. Jehovah Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My own party

Elf Sorceress
    Korgan- Dwarf
    Minsc- Hamster lover
    Jan- Turnip salesman
    Edwin- Delusioned Wizard

Thats about it for now, looking for Viconia then I should have my party settled.

5. Dan the man Gems: 1/31

My party:

Censored - Human Warrior
    Keldorn
    Valygar
    Jaheira
    Aerie
    Imoen

6. My group:
    Redbeard (dwarven berserker)
    Minsc (dual wielding flail of ages + mace+2)
    Jaheira
    Yoshimo
    Nalia
    Ariel

I intend to swap Jaheira for Viconia in my hacked party (cursed helm of reversed alignment) and maybe yoshi with kurgan. It may be a nit melee heavy, but 2 berserkers should be fun.

[This message has been edited by The Amazing Ooopah (edited October 08, 2000).]

7. Johnd Bhallspawn Gems: 1/31

Johnd - F/M (me)
    Keldorn
    Minsc
    Imoen
    Viconia
    Jan

8. Sir Elwood Gems: 1/31

In my party I've got
    Sir Elwood (my cavalier)
    Keldorn
    Minsc
    (Sir) Anomen
    Yoshimo, and
    Aerie.
    Don't you all just get fed up with Jaheira's constant nagging and give her the boot? ;)

9. Masta Dee Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Well, the Russian way to deal with the game:

Lander (human/berserker) from BG1 - myself
    Minsc - I just love lil' critters!
    Aerie - the one to cast spells
    Jaheira - favorite character of al times...
    Keldorn - looks really great with 2h sword +5
    Yoshimo - well, rest in pease, comrade!..

Now my No.6 is Imoen.

Yeah, I'm that kind of goodey-goodey character. ;)

10. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Here's mine:
    Shura No Oni Kensai/Mage
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Viconia
    Yoshimio
    Haer'Dalis
    'Ah, we are all heroes now, you, Minsc and Boo...rangers and hamsters everywhere: rejoice!'
    Minsc rules, man.

11. Wingfoot Guest

here is my current party:

Shagrat Half-Orc Barbarian
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Valygar
    Nalia
    Aerie

i have been pleased with this combo so far, although Valygar is a recent edition to my merry band. i went through most of the begining with 5 characters, but Valygar is good with a bow, (i'm short on archers) plus he is a good scout. i plan on keeping Minsc, Jaheira and Aerie. Nalia and Valygar can easily be replaced.

12. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My party is...

Valyn (elf sorcerer)
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Aerie
    Keldorn
    Imoen

It's working pretty well, though only Imoen means I have a weak Thief slot, at least compared to Yoshimo. Aerie and Jaheira combine excellently for healing, Minsc and Keldorn are oddly similar, with Minsc in Doomplate and Keldorn in his own armor, both with 2-handed swords, they look like a color variation of the same person, except that Minsc has Balduran's Helm, and Keldorn therefore doesn't. With Imoen, Aerie, and my character Valyn the sorcerer, we are rather magic-heavy. Oh well, I'll switch as need be. I could always trade Aerie for Valygar.

13. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I took a Half and Half approach to the party:

1. Wraith Blackthorne - Necromancer
    (protagonist)

2. Catrice - Elven Ranger/Archer

3. Kerigan Swiftfoot - Halfling Cleric of Lathander. (Bought her the girdle of hill giant strength... a halfling with 19 stregth just makes me smile everytime I send her to smash something with her hammer.)

4. Keldorn

5. Yoshimo

6. Jaheria, (thinking about dumping her for Vicona, or Arie.)

14. DailyRich Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, I've changed mine a lot. I've had Hurok my dwarven wizard slayer, Minsc, and Jaheira all along, as well as Yoshimo. For a while I had Nalia and Aerie, but dropped Nalia to pick up Valygar to complete the Planar Sphere quest. Aerie was killed during that quest and I decided to leave that be -- she was fairly weak physically. Then dropped Valygar for Keldorn to do the Unseeing Eye quest and still have him. I had Anomen for a while, as well as Viconia, but now I'm set at;

Hurok
    Keldorn
    Minsc
    Yoshimo (may drop if I find a better thief)
    Jaheira
    Nalia (gone once I find Edwin)

15. Armin Gems: 2/31

Percy (gnome fighter/illusionist)
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Aerie
    Imoen
    Valygar

While Imoen was gone I had Jan Jansen around (I just like gnomes in general - dropped silly Yoshimo immediately for him ;) ), but that's the crew I finished with.
    Pretty heavy on the magic side, 2 healers and pretty decent fighting power nevertheless.

Minsc is just too hilariously funny to pass up, not to mention a great fighter (I continuosly ROFLOLed with the combo of Minsc and Lilacor, his sword. Dunno which one is more insane and has the better lines... "My brother is a +12 Hackmaster"... ;) )

Jaheira once she has that girdle of +19 strength and Ankheg plate is actually a pretty mean fighter, not bad for a char that's also a good healer and has the most powerful spell in the game (Insect swarm - makes those almost impossible fights versus multiple spell casters a joke ;) )

Aerie... hmm... good healer, decent mage, just needs to be protected a bit. Very nice spell support (her evil smite was one of my other favourites...). And just plain CUTE ;)

Imoen needs some items to fill the thief slot alone later in the game, but with boots of stealth, ring of danger sense and such, she suffices. Can complement nicely with some mage spells. Becomes the most powerful mage later (finished as 16th level mage in my game)

Valygar, well, he was my archer and rear guard fighter, I just like the char and felt he belonged to the party after I got my planar sphere stronghold...

With all the NPC-specific side quests, I guess I'll have to redo the game with an entirely different party...

16. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Well, I have a sorcerer that is level 17. That's it. He kicks but. I have mostly instant death spells.

17. Gildor Gems: 1/31

Half-Orc Berserker
    Dual Class Human Fighter/Mage
    Human Swashbuckler
    Elven Preistess of Lathander
    Human Undead Slayer

18. Nefar Gems: 1/31

As it is, a magic-heavy party, now near the end of Chapter 4:

Miranda (L15 human CG Diviner)
    Valygar (L13 Stalker)
    Viconia (L15 Priest)
    Jaheira (L11/12 Fighter/Druid)
    Nalia (L4/15 Thief->Mage)
    Imoen (L7/11 Thief->Mage)

Sadly, I lost Jan in Spellhold. I left him
    for Imoen with the intention of getting him back later, but then he got caught in a confusion spell during the battle against those !%ยง$-hasted Umber Hulks, and walked into one of Nalia's Cloudkills, promptly turning red, with the expected results.

19. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Gildor, don't you find playing with a party you've created has no depth in terms of party interaction? That's one thing I like a lot about having NPCs, makes me feel more into the game with some of the comments they make back and forth to each other, and myself.

Syl...

20. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I agree with you Syl, I rolled half of my party and am using 3 of the game's chracters, but i already see that I am missing alot of the game because of it. I was too far though it to want to start over. 2nd time though I am going to roll an archer and use the rest of the game's characters.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.